prologue

-
a/n: BOLD for WHEEIN, ITALICS for HWASA(hyejin), * will have a definition at the bottom of the page (it only appears in a few chapters, don't worry!)

[ unedited ]
hwasa's pov

wheein sat across me, her eyes fixed on her chemistry textbook in front of her. her notes and worksheets were sprawled all over the floor, but she didn't seem to mind. not that i did.
we were in my room after an exhausted day in school.

"hyejinnie"
my eyes snapped up, looking at her. she was still focused on her textbook.

"yes?"
"what if i tell you that i like you?"
"it's okay, i love you too."
"i don't mean as friends, i mean deeper than friends, best friends..."

her voice came to a low stop. i was confused.
does wheein meant that she had feelings for me?
i glanced at her. her eyes were opened slightly wider than usual, her face flushed with a tint of light pink. she avoided my gaze. i could hear her mumbling to herself incoherently. sweat trickled down her reddened cheeks. i bit my lips, i did not know how to respond to this at all. she sighed almost inaudibly and went on with her work.

"if i want you to make me love you, would you?"

a gasp. wheein stared at me, flabbergasted. a small, shy smile broke out of my lips as i waited for her answer. she shifted her stare to the floor. her face contorted into her serious yet adorable expression. i was curious to what she would say; this girl never cease to amaze me with her witty responses and deep thoughts at times.

"give me 21 days. if i fail to make you fall for me..."
she smiled, but i could see a floating hint of sadness beneath her eyes. she left her sentence uncompleted. i nodded my head.

21 days.
i shivered. somehow, i had given wheein a chance to make me fall for her because i didn't want her to feel sad. more so, i didn't want to hurt her feelings. but in the process, i was putting my feelings out on the risk. i wouldn't really fall for her right, would i?

she is after all, my best friend. just my best friend.

a/n: hello guys! i'm back with a wheesa fanfiction (to feed my wheesa ass hehe)
i hope that this would be a story that everyone like!
please give lots of support and love to it ;-; thank you so much<3
tea.