day 19

[ unedited ]
hwasa's pov

it was the umpteenth time when wheein shifted her chair uncomfortably yet again. it was worse than the last time. now, she had taken out her notebooks, unused papers and her coloured pens were sprawled out all over her desk. her face held a frustrated expression, a pained look flickered across her facial features at times. unconscious of what she was doing, she continued tapping her feet impatiently against the floor.

of all my years knowing wheein, i had never seen her in this state before. where she would stare off blankly at the whiteboard, not bothering to hide the fact that her soul wasn't there. where she would scribble stuffs on every corner of the paper and crumple them because they seemed useless to her. where she literally emptied her bag, her pencil case and messed her table up so she could be distracted while organising her stuffs again and again; a never ending cycle.

our classmates were giving me looks, asking me what was wrong with wheein; i could only kindly asked them to give wheein time to herself and leave us alone so that wheein could at least have her own personal space.

i sighed. it's the fourth period now, but wheein wasn't budging. she had stay completely within her area focusing on what she was doing; she did not even get up to visit the washroom or grab some food to eat. whipping out my home prepared lunch, i offered it to her; placing it silently on her lap while her busy fingers were now shrouding pieces of paper. she took a quick glance before shaking her head.

"wheein ah, what's wrong? you know you can talk to me right? what happened? don't give me this cold shoulder please..."
"don't worry hyejinnie, i just need some time alone." was her reply.

i knew wheein was trying to brush me off, i saw her grimaced a little. if wheein was being her normal crazy and sensible self, i would have laughed at her aggressive expression since it looked adorable instead of intimidating. the thing she was trying to hide from me was hurting her, and i hated it.

i just figured that i might have feelings for her yesterday and now....

my heart clenched tightly at the miserable wheein. it hurts. it hurts a lot to see someone who i've accustomed to her cheerful and positive vibes being so drained of energy now, with sorrow deeply etched in her facial features. the feeling was horrendous, even more so when i knew i could not do anything about it.

wheein ah... please stay in there and be strong. i'm always here for you.