~chapter 4~

I'm sooooo excited for where this story is going! I finally have an idea of what I want to do with it. I am so excited for the ending. I have a beautiful idea for it:) I am so super excited!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Katie's POV

I walked with Juliet all the way down to where Coldstream and Ormond meet and then looked down at her slightly smaller form. "Well I have to go North from here. What about you?" I asked and it kind of felt a bit weird because I was still a little nervous. I didn't really know what I'm going to do about the way I feel just yet. "Um same." She said in a small, quiet voice. That made me feel a bit more comfortable knowing I'm not the only one who feels a bit shy towards this situation. "Alright.. How far up are you? I could just walk you home if you'd like me to" I said, regaining my confidence. I'm not sure exactly what I feel right now.. My feelings are kind of all over the place. " That's really nice of you.. But I can't ask this of you.. It's too much. " She said and she seemed to be a bit nervous but I can't blame her since I feel the same way. " It's not a big deal. I doubt you live very far from where I'm going anyways so I don't mind at all. In fact it would be nice to know that you get home safe. " I said with a smile. I don't know if that's going to make her feel awkward or not considering we don't really know each other that well and all.

Juliet's POV

I don't really know what to say.. This girl... Kate? Oh I'm so bad with names.. I feel so bad that I don't remember.. But anyways she's so incredibly sweet.. If I say yes then I will feel bad for the inconvenience but at the same time I can't really say no because she has been so kind and I think that if I was to say no then I would hurt her feelings.. "U-um that's really nice of you. I um I think I'll take you up on that offer. " I said.. well more like stuttered.. I don't know about this... Maybe I should have said no.. This girl makes me feel like nobody has ever made me feel in my life. She makes me get all these butterflies in my stomach and honestly I don't know what this means.. Then I noticed she was staring at me. Did I say something that I shouldn't have? Is there something on my face? What is going on here..? " u-um? " I questioned. " We are going to walk.. Are we not? " She said and with that she started walking up Ormond. I followed behind her and the eventually we ended up beside each other. " How many streets up? " She asked. " Three. " I stated simply. "Okay." She said with a smile

Katie's POV

"Would you like to stop by the park then and maybe get to know each other? " I asked shyly, chewing on the inside of my lip, nervous for her response. " There's really nothing to know about me.. " She said and looked over at me. "..But if you want to then I don't see why not. " She continued. " Alright it's settled then. I said and crossed the street, headed to the park, Juliet trailing behind me. I breathed in the cold air. It was fall and so the park looked absolutely gorgeous with all of the leaves covering the ground. I went over to the jungle gym and sat down on one of the swings. Juliet sat on the one beside me. "What's your name again" She asked, looking over at me. " um Kate. " I said, slightly disappointed. I guess I'm not important to her at all if she's forgotten my name. " I'm sorry. I'm joust terrible with names." She said, I guess she recognized the disappointment in my voice. " Oh it's quite alright. I said with a small smile. " So um I'm sorry but I have to ask. Are you dating that girl you were with at the coffee shop?" I asked. I don't know why I'm nervous about this.. It's not like she would be interested in me even if she wasn't. " No. I am a lesbian though. " She said and she sounded so confident. That's really odd. I thought she was like really shy and stuff.. Oh well. I don't really mind. But she isn't with that girl. I wonder why she was acting that way around her then. Why would she add that on at the end...? I just kind of find that really odd. Why would she do that..? I noticed her staring at me and I snapped out of it. "Oh you are?" I asked, still curious as to why she would add that. " Yeah.." She said nervously. And there comes the nervousness again. "...what's yours?" She asked. " Why what?" I asked her. I don't really know what she could possibly be talking about.

Juliet's POV

"Your sexual orientation. " I said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Maybe I shouldn't be asking this.. After all we have just met and that may have made her feel extremely uncomfortable.. I don't know about this. Hopefully she won't be mad or weirded out. " I am also a lesbian. " She said and I smiled. She's a lesbian. That means there is a small chance that we could possibly be together in the future.. This is amazing. Wait what am I saying? Since when do I think about girls I have just met like that? I'm starting to find my own thoughts weird. Maybe this whole entire thing was a bad idea.. Maybe I should just go or something. I don't really want to be that weird girl who creeps everyone out. "I have never had a girlfriend though. " She added nervously when I didn't reply to her statement. " I see. " I said simply. " That really is a shame. You're missing out on so much" Where the hell did that come from? I'm not usually like this. "I am?" She asked. "Probably. It's not like I would know much about that. " I said. "Oh I see" She said simply. "I should really be heading home now." I said. I don't want to sound rude or anything but I really want to go before I have the chance to say any other stupid things. "Okay I'll walk you home. " She said and smiled down at me. I smiled back, not knowing what to say.

Katie's POV

I got up and started walking towards where Juliet's house would be, she was trailing behind me. We walked until we got to her house and then I smiled at her. "Hey um maybe we could do this again sometime?" I asked, shyly. "Um yeah. Sure." She said. "Here." I said and pulled out my phone and she did the same and then we exchanged numbers. "So I'll see you around then? " I asked. "Yeah. Definitely. " She whispered the last part, I barely caught it. "Bye. " I said with a smile as she turned around and went into her house " Bye" She said before closing the door. And with that I started to walk home. By the time I got home it was about 5:00 and it was just starting to become dark outside. I went up to my bedroom and sat on my bed. Man what an amazing day. I cant wait to see Juliet again.