//Ezio Audiotore\\ Modern AU! [#22]

As the rain poured down outside, you were comfy inside, safe from mother nature's angry cries as lighting and thunder crashed down to the earth. You sighed looking out of the window before you went back to burying your nose in your book. You smiled slightly enjoying the story, taking in every detail of the characters. Secretly wishing that they were real. Being the loner that you were, you were always alone, separated away from your fellow classmates avoiding any type of social interaction. To be honest... Social interaction scared you. And so you usually retreated to the college's library/ cafe and drank (coffee) and read in utter silence. You usually spend your time like that unless you were working. 

*Ding*

You placed your book down to look down at your phone. You sighed while noticing who it was.

*New Message!(1)*

Mother: You're coming over to dinner tonight correct?

You rolled your eyes, you've been avoiding going back home for the longest time. Your family, fairly rich, more outgoing than you, have always pushed you to do things you were uncomfortable with. You were content with being alone. 

You: No, mother, I have too much studying to do. I apologize, I promise I'll be there next Friday.

You placed your phone down before looking at the time. Your eyes widened before you chucked your phone into your backpack and placed the book in there as well. You grabbed your [favorite hot drink] before reaching for your umbrella. 

"Damn it I'm going to be late for work!"

You quickly hopped out of your chair before heading towards the door. While you were looking through your backpack making sure that you didn't leave anything, you slammed into someone. You landed on your ass, quite frankly, You gasped as you felt hot liquid seep into your favorite jeans. You sighed before you went to start picking up your stuff. You stood up and looked to who you bumped into. 

"I'm sorry... I wasn't watching where I was going..." You said while gnawing on your bottom lip. You looked up to see a man with 
chocolate warm eyes. You gave him a slight smile before he chuckled. 

"It's quite alright, bella donna. I should've been watching where I was going as well. Please, let me buy you a drink for your troubles." He said while smiling at you. You were about to protest but he quickly denounced what you were about to say and he walked back over to the counter. He ordered you another drink, you smiled slightly before you heard your phone go off. You went into your backpack and grabbed your phone out of it before bringing it to your ear. 

"[Your Name]! Where are you?!"

"I'm so sorry, Melanie! I got held up with class!" You replied quickly.

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

"You better be, [Your Name]."

You rolled your eyes before mocking her last words.

"Are you talking to yourself?" You looked up before feeling the heat rush up to your cheeks. 

"N-No! Of course, not..." He laughed at you before giving you your coffee. You looked at it puzzled before you went to open your mouth, he was gone. You sighed before you looked back at the cup in your hand. 

                                                               xxx-xxx-xxxx

  ~ I'd like to see you again, bella... if that's alright with you ,of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After work, you were utterly exhausted

After work, you were utterly exhausted. You flopped down on your bed before letting out a long needed groan. You kicked off your sneakers and took of your stain ridden clothing. You got up and sluggishly walked over to your closet and pulled an oversized sweatshirt over your messy bun. You carefully pulled your hair out of the bun before you walked back over to your book bag. You took your phone out before you ran your hand through your hair. You scrambled through your backpack and looked for the random piece of styrofoam that you kept from your previous coffee. You bit your bottom lip before typing in the numbers before hitting the call button. You let out a deep breath before bringing the phone up to your ear. 

. . .  : Pronto? Chi parla? 

You looked at the phone oddly before bringing it back up to your ear. 

"H-Hello? Is this the guy that I crashed into early today?" You said, before silently regretting even calling this number.

. . .  : Ah, yes! I'm sorry for confusing you. I'm Ezio by the way. 

You nodded while listening to his voice, it wasn't as soothing as it was when he spoke to you in person, but it did calm you down somewhat.

Ezio: Uh, are you there??

Your eyes widened and you felt the blood rush up tp your cheeks for the second time today. 

"U-Uh, y-yes, I-I'm here!" You said quickly trying to regain your composure. You heard his chuckle which caused you to smile slightly.

Ezio: And what is your name?

He asked curiously waiting for your reply.

"[Y-Your Name], my name is [Your Name]." You stuttered and fumbled over your words still not used to talking to anyone. You heard him chuckle again. 

Ezio: Well, it's very nice to meet you then, [Your Name].

He said calmly, the smile very evident in his voice. 

"It's nice to meet you too, Ezio." You said while your rare bright smile appeared on your face. 

\[A/N]: Should I make a series for the assassins in the modern world? Like for this one, it will continue or like Connor Modern AU, (that will continue). Comment down below if you want me to make more Modern AU stories for our lovely Assassins!