“Bogies off the port side!” I shouted over the intercom. “Get all the able aircraft into the air immediately. Brandon, John, Devon get back here!” 

Jared and I sprinted out of the radar room and separated. While Jared went to the arms magazine I went to the Captain's Quarters which was serving as my as my own quarters for the time being. The problem was that was all the way on the other side of the ship and the fastest way to get there was acrossed the exposed runway on the top deck. 

When I reached the flight deck I could clearly see the oncoming enemy aircraft. They formed a diamond formation around an airplane that hadn’t shown up on the radar. In fact it wasn’t like anything I had ever seen before. From what I could see it was some form of stealth airplane. If we could bring it down and get it we could use it for our own purpose. I ran to the nearest intercom, “Don’t damage the one in the middle beyond repair.” 

From somewhere above me an anti-aircraft gun opened up. Then a squadron of UAV Apache helicopters roared overhead and engaged the escort fighters. I then remembered that I was on my way to my quarters. Along the way I passed Emily and Miranda who were firing a flak gun and Kyle who was hammering away with a mounted machine gun.

Somehow I got to the Captain's quarters without getting hit. I found the Tommy gun that I had discovered in my house and loaded the magazine. After grabbing my pistol, I sprinted back up to the top deck. 

I barely had cleared the runway when there was a loud roar and something shot past me. I turned around and saw the Mig-21 climbing into the sky. 

I found a spot next to the aircraft elevator that offered some cover and looked to the skies. The enemy aircraft had broken formation to engage us. While the fighters spread out to engage our own aircraft, the stealth was hovering in place and firing on anything that came into range. The only problem was the only thing that was getting close enough for it to engage was our own UAVs. I watched as one of the Apaches took a laser fired from the nose of the stealth and tumbled into the ocean. I switched on the laser on the Thompson and took aim at the stealth’s left wing. I then let loose with a barrage of both laser and .45 caliber bullets. I hit the target and the plane fell from the sky. Just before it hit the waves, buoys deployed underneath the fuselage and the wings keeping it from sinking. 

Looking back on it I’m not sure what I was thinking. I somehow got a crazy idea and tossed my gun aside and took a running start and jumped off the side of the Revenge into the water which was approximately four decks below. I glimpsed Miranda and Emily still at the flak gun with shocked looks on their faces as I dropped past. Next thing I knew I hit the water harder than I thought I would. When I surfaced I couldn’t see anything and my eyes burned like crazy.

Somewhere close at hand I heard another splash. I rubbed the salt water out of my eyes and looked around at the same time drawing my knife. It was Miranda. She apparently thought that I had fallen off the side of the ship and was attempting to rescue me. 

I explained my plan to her, “If we capture that stealth plane, we could use it to our advantage.”

She nodded in agreement. While the battle still raged over our heads we swam towards the black aircraft. Suddenly two shots sounded and the water next to me spat into the air. I looked up and saw someone squatting on top of the airplane. The pistol aimed at us sent a clear message that he wasn’t going to let us aboard. 

I shouted to Miranda who immediately dove underwater. I followed suite. With my eyes as open as I could stand I swam forward until my hands hit metal. I had to go up for air. When my face broke the surface and looked around. Miranda was nowhere to be seen. Thats when I heard a scuffling from somewhere above me. I swam towards the wing and climbed on the floating plane.