Detention

💙💙💙

Your feet were pounding in your ears as you ran through the hallway, you CANNOT be late to class. Yes, you were the schools good girl. Ms.Straight A's, perfect behavior, goodie goodie. Damn bathroom lines. You had really needed to go and of course, it just had to be the day everyone else had to go to the bathroom at the same time. Breathless you entered the classroom.

The teacher lowered her glasses and looked at you, "Miss (y/l/n) I'm disappointed, I expected better from you. Detention" the teacher snapped to you.

Oh my god this is not happening. You thought to yourself.

Your teacher, one you were quickly developing a strong dislike for, filled out your detention sheet and sent you out of the class. You grumbled angry thoughts to yourself as you stomped down the hallway, tempted to punch the lockers. Damn Bathrooms.

Entering the detention classroom you immediately noticed the teacher that was supposed to be on duty slumped over on the desk passed out cold snoring.
You stood there rather awkwardly and looked around the classroom and very much to your "surprise" there was only one person there.

Carl Freaking Gallagher.

The bad boy and the good girl alone in detention together.

Get CNN news ready.

Carl smirked at you, "And how are you today babygirl?" Completely at ease with himself and you your usual awkward uptight self.

Carl flirted with you a lot at school, which was strange to you since no one else ever did. They took one look at you and thought, 'she's too innocent' 'the goodie goodie' 'no fun'. Your heart warmed every time he would notice you.

Remember he flirts with a lot of girls though (y/n), why would he take an interest in you?

Your self confidence hung lower when that thought popped into your skull.

"Mad as hell" you responded to Carl.

"Why princess?" He questioned looking both amused and interested.

"Damn bathrooms. Damn detention." you grumbled walking to stand next to him.

Carl doubled over laughing as soon as you finished talking. The sound was beautiful, you could whach him laugh all day and never get bored. After finally getting himself together he wiped away a tear and looked up at you. Then broke out laughing again. You playfully smacked his head and took a seat in the back of the detention classroom.

For awhile the both of you just sat in silence doing random stuff on your phones before Carl broke the silence.

"Hey (Y/n)?"

"Hmmm" you responded lifting you head from your phone to look at him.

He grinned at you before walking back to where you were and circling your chair like a lion hunting it's prey. Suddenly he pulled the chair from out under you and you landed hard on your bum.

You face flamed as you turned to look at him laughing at you in amusement. You got up from the floor, dusted you pants off and glared at Carl.

"Let's play a game babe."

"I'm not your babe"

"Bet you want to be"

"Bet you want me to be"

"Reading my mind babygirl" he smirked.

You rolled your eyes but couldn't hide the blush that rushed to your cheeks.

"Let's play truth or dare"

"Alright" you shrugged your shoulders.

"Truth or dare baby?"

"Truth" you answered taking a seat on the desk.

Carl did his signature smirked before sitting on the desk in front of your so that you were facing each other. The eye contact had you paralyzed and your heart did a pathetic little flip.

"Do you think I'm sexy?"

You face flamed so red tomatoes would be considered white.

"U-ummm well-"

"Answer truthfully babygirl." Carl interrupted never breaking eye contact with you.

You looked at the ground afraid that you might pass out. "Yes" you mumbled.

"pst" Carl whispered out and you looked up at him.

He winked, "I think you're sexy too"

His complement made you smile.

"Your turn Gallagher, truth or dare?"

"Hmmmmm" he furrowed his brows in fake concentration.

"Dare" he smirked.

You looked up at the ceiling thinking of a good dare you could give him. If you gave him something reckless he'd do it, giving him something gross would be too mean, hmm something that would make him very irritated. An evil grin formed on your face as you brought your face down to look at him.

"Tomorrow you have to be nice to ALL your teachers all day and offer to do extra credit work."

Who's smirking now?!

Carl's face turned into a mixture of shock and disgust.

"You really know how to take the fun out of a game." Carl replied shaking his head.

Letting out a long breath he finally asked, "Truth or dare babygirl."

"Tru-"

"Nah uh!," Carl interrupted you giving you a mischievous smile. "Pick dare this time." He challenged you.

"Fine but nothing that's going to get me introuble." You let out a sigh of defeat slumping your shoulders before straightening your back again and tucking your hair behind your ears. You raised your gaze to meet Carl's gaze and were shocked to realize he was starting at with a smile of, could it be?.. affection? No, it couldn't be.

You cleared your throat and Carl looked like you had interrupted him from watching his favorite tv show.

"Kiss me" his words came out soft and almost pleading.

Your face turned bright red and your mouth parted in shock. Carl smiled a genuine sweet smile before jumping off the desk and walking towards you until your faces were an eyelash length away. His clear blue green eyes reflected yours then he closed them and leaned in to your lips. And for once, you let all your worries go and kissed him back. The kiss was beyond words, the tips of your fingertips felt like they were powered with electricity as you traced his jaw, and your heart was beating at the pace of a racehorse running to the finish line. His soft but slightly chapped lips were moving at a constant pace against against yours, like waves hitting the shore.

He pulled away and looked deep into you eyes trying to read them. Your worries resurfaced again, what if he's just using you?, could he really like you?, why would he ever like you?

It was almost as if he could see the worries bubble up into your eyes and he looked at you completely serious.

"(Y/n) you're not just some other girl to me."

The bell rang and Carl grabbed his stuff and started to walk out the door but before he was completely gone he turned around and said.

"See you soon babygirl."

Leaving you shocked, happy, and utterly speechless.

💙💙💙

Im going to make a part two for this 👌
Hope you enjoyed 💟