Sophmore Year

(Mitch POV)
It was the first day of High School. I woke up and thought about how I was going to change this year. I wasn't the most popular. I knew a couple kids, they weren't popular either. I always wanted to become friends with the kids that were more popular but never had the guts to.

I was on my phone and got a text from Kirstie. We've been close for a very long time, we dated a couple times too. "Hey Mitch I need a ride my car stopped working." I quickly replied to let her know my mom would drive her.

I ate the rest of my cereal and got dressed. I was both excited and nervous for the first day of school. I got in the back seat of my mom's car. Kirstie loves my mom so I thought she would prefer to talk to her in the front besides the back.

My mom dropped us off early. Kirstie and I sat on the bench in front of the school. Our conversation went to very funny to very deep really fast. "My dad hit me last night" explained Kirstie as she started tearing up. I leaned over and hugged her. We were hugging for about 20 seconds, very tight may I add. "Why? Did you do something?" I asked. She tried to say what happened but the bell interrupted her. "I have to go. Let's talk at lunch." As soon as she said that she ran off.

I got to my first class, Drama. I got in the class and was looking for the cool kids. I saw all of them go to the back so I put my binders and pencil case on a desk in the middle row. I was eavesdropping on there conversation and heard something about a party. I was building up the courage to go up to them and introduce them. As soon as I was about to go introduce myself, a tall blonde guy walked into the class. He walked over to the cool kids group and introduced himself so easily.

I went up to the group and introduced myself. " Hi guys, I'm Mitch. Is it ok if I hang out with you guys?" I was straight to the point. I didn't want to play any games. Everyone stared at each other, kind of like they were saying "I don't know. Should we?" The tall blond guy was the first one to answer. "Of course, can you sit with us at lunch?" He was such a leader . I got lost in his eyes. Without thinking I nodded.

The bell rang. I was close to the cool kids and I loosened up more. The teacher walked in." Hello class, first things first, seating arrangement!" I got a little annoyed. It was like if you got a little water on your shirt after brushing your teeth. The teacher listed the names of two people (the desks were in groups of 2). He finally said my name and my partner, "Mitch and Scott" I didn't know who that was until the tall blond guy walked over. "Oh hey. Mitch right? I'm Scott." We shook hands. My mood turned from annoyed to happy and I couldn't wait!