I exit my room to go into hers and I find Ellie taking selfies in her new green bikini, she's gorgeous. I'd go gay for her, just saying boys.

"Hey El, you done adoring how hot you look?" I say amusingly

She turns around, "Yeah, hold on let me grab my penny board and put on some clothes," she says, quickly running into her bathroom.

"Kay, I'll wait." I say skating onto the couch. "I love LA."

Seconds later, Ellie walks in, cute as hell.

We rode our penny boards down the hallway to the elevator

We rode our penny boards down the hallway to the elevator. We rode down to the parking lot and hopped in my little BMW that my parents bought me. I toss Ellie my keys and we ride with all the windows down. What a life we live in. Our hair is blowing everywhere and I feel relaxation consume me.

After a long hour of anticipation for the beach, we finally arrived. We parked at some restaurant for free and rode our penny boards down the boardwalk. We did some browsing through some of the little shops and I ended up buying a new pair of sunglasses. I only had one pair since Kansas wasn't too sunny.

Later, the sun began to set and we took off our flip flops and clothes and walked in the crystal water, watching the sky turn shades of orange, pink and yellow.

Man, how I wished I had a boyfriend to take cute pictures with, here. Ellie dated Colby but they aren't together or anything.

Well at least I don't think so... We decided to find a small spot and lay back to chill.

"Hey El." I turn to her.

"Hey Ash,"

I mutter, "Are you and Colby a thing?"

"Nope, I wish we were but nah, long distances aren't my thing," she says scrolling through her Instagram feed. A ding sounds off on her phone.

"Oh. It's...Colby?" She says confused.

"Well speak of the devil," I roll my eyes, "Well, what did he say?" I was interested in what he had to insult this time. Our time zone is two hours behind them, which meant that it was almost nine o'clock there and right now it was almost seven.

"He was wondering where I am..." her voice trails off. "He says that he and Sam left Kansas too."

I answer with boredom, "Oh, whatever. I don't care as long as he doesn't come to LA, we're fine." I lay back down into the warm sand and stare at the sky slowly filling with stars.

"Alright, I guess I won't respond to him," she shrugs, sinking into the sand too.

"Hey, it's getting late. Wanna go grab some food and take em' back home?" I say lazily.

"I'm down," she stands up and helps me. We put our shorts on and I tuck my and Ellie's tops into my backpack. We ride over to a nearby burger stand and ride with the to-go bags back down the pier to the car. Of course as a social media kid, we often stopped for a few artsy pics.

As we rode down the pier, giggling at past stories and funny memes we heard about, we get into the car. I decided to drive now, windows down and music blaring up. We took dance breaks at red lights and El fed me french fries while I drove. After another fun evening, we get back to the apartment. We held hands and rode down the parking garage, giggling hysterically. Time felt like it was in slow motion. We ended up cracking up at the thoughts of Kansas being the prison we have just escaped. You don't know how content I am at this moment. The elevator ride was full of laughs. It was just about ten o'clock on the dot and some people were probably going to bed by now.

We tried being silent in the elevator as we passed floors, but that just ended up making things much more worst. We finally got off on our floor, but mid sentence, I stopped dead in my tracks.

Horrified by what I had just saw. Every feeling of happiness just wiped away from my memory.

"Oh hey neighbor, didn't expect you to be here!" He laughs, mockingly.

What is he doing here. Why is Colby here.

Ellie breaks the awkward tension, "Oh my god! Colby!" She runs up to talk to him and Sam peaks his head out the doorway with boxes to say hi too.

Just when I thought I was finally free from him.

He comes.

Ruins my life.

Ruins California.

Ruins my freedom.

I hate liking my rival.

And now I have to practically LIVE WITH HIM?

-------------------------

YOU MUST LISTEN TO THE MUSIC DUDES, I feel like it really fits to how happy Ash and El are:))

But shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Look who's backkkk? Sam and Colby! The infamous Duo! They so cute, always. Also Sierra Furtado and Alissa Violet fit how I would imagine Ashlyn and Ellie. SOOO YEAH they're bootiful:) THANKS FOR READING.

COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE & DON'T BE A SHY BUTTERFLY

hugs,kt