10: Waitress

10: Waitress

The blaring sound of an alarm clock interrupted Clara's tranquil sleep, and she jolted up with a wake. She groaned and buried her face in the fluffiness of her soft pillow. The alarm continued it's incessant ringing, creating an annoying noise that didn't fail to irritate Clara. With a huff and an angry face, she stuck her hand out and patted the table beside her bed. The feeling of hard wood came in contact with her palm, along with other scattered things on the table. Finally, feeling the vibration of the clock under her hand, she maneuvered her thin finger to the back of the trembling machine, and switched off the alarm.

Clara buried herself deeper into the comfort of her blanket, and closed her eyes, trying to fall back asleep though it was no use. Realizing that, she pushed aside her duvet, and got up, shivering as her feet touched the cold floor. After minutes spent getting ready, she snatched her phone and shoved it into a small shoulder bag. She made her way downstairs and into the quiet kitchen.

"Good morning, sweetie," Aunt Karla smiled down at her niece.

"Hi," was Clara's answer, as she trotted herself towards the dinner table that was almost at the center of the room. There, a plate of freshly cooked eggs and bacon was waiting to be devoured. Its delicious aroma arousing her hungry appetite. A glass of warm milk accompanied the breakfast food, and made it complete. Clara silently ate her meal, praising her Aunt for her marvelous cooking skills. In response, Aunt Karla just laughed. After leaving her plate in the dishwasher, Clara headed outside to her vehicle.

Admittedly, an Audi 4 was pretty expensive and extravagant, but she didn't like to brag or show off about her car. She just thought that it was absolutely ridiculous. It would mean rubbing it in other people's faces, and she would make them feel bad that they don't have enough money to buy one or that their parents can't afford to buy one for them. Sure, Clara had money, but she didn't always go prancing off and exposing her wealth out to the public. She didn't want to seem stuck up. The students at her school knew that she was wealthy, but didn't really pay her mind. There was this one time where some girl was trying to be friends with Clara just because of her social status, and Clara just remained indifferent to her. After billions of failed attempts, she gave up and found another rich kid to bother.

The engine revved, and Clara backed out of the driveway and onto the smooth paved road. The drive to Denny's didn't take long, just fifteen minutes or so. As she entered the restaurant, she was greeted by Sienna, her boss. Clara gave a poilte 'Good morning" before trudging off to the counter to get her name tag, and apron. She glanced at the vintage clock that was hung on the wall. It was eight o'clock, and Justice wasn't here yet. It wasn't much of a surprise really, since she wasn't a morning person. Clara wasn't either, but she somehow manages to get up and continue her day.

The restaurant wasn't filled, but it wasn't empty of customers either. Most of them already had ordered or were eating their breakfast already, so Clara didn't have to do much, just a bit of cleaning up. Denny's was a small place, it was most suitable for family breakfasts. Justice arrived half an hour late, and that resulted in getting a short lecture from Sienna. The girls usually worked for four hours, then they would get their one hour lunch break. And then they work two hours after lunch, so they usually left Denny's at three o'clock in the afternoon. Their routine after that consisted of shopping, chilling at home, watching movies, or just have girl's day out; a best friend bonding time. Being a waitress was Clara's part time job. It was part time, because she would need the rest of the week to focus on school. Plus, Aunt Karla never insisted on Clara to work. She was a stubborn girl who wanted to fend for herself and be independent. Well, her actions did make sense since she was almost eighteen.

"Excuse me, miss?" Clara snapped out of her reverie, she shook her head to clear out her thoughts.

"Uh, sorry. What would you like to order?" She questioned politely. As the customer recited the orders for his family, she scribbled them down on a small notebook. The page was torn off and pasted onto a piece of wood where the trays of food were supposed to be placed after the order was complete. The granite counter was void of food, so Clara resumed cleaning the tables. The squared table she was cleaning was absolutely filthy. It was as if the person(s) who ate there had no manners at all. Even worse, he/she must be clumsy as hell because the entire wooden surface was practically filled with crumbs, stains, chunks of meat and used napkins; not to mention spilt drinks and food. She sighed, disgusted by the guest(s) who dined at that table.

Usually, Justice would entertain Clara with her witty jokes and funny faces, but today she was definitely out of it. She was probably extremely tired because she couldn't even stay awake and do her job properly. Her eyelids kept drooping and then every minute she would just suddenly be alert and she would blink her eyes promptly, as if waking up from some sort of trance.

Somehow after their shifts were over, Justice was magically wide awake. It was probably the shopping that caused her to arouse. She's always liked shopping, it was like an addiction. She was probably considered a 'shop-a-holic', because she would never get tired of buying unnecessary items, or adding extra clothing to her already full closet. Clara, on the other hand, likes shopping, but she didn't really feel the need to buy everything. Mostly she would just wander and trail after Justice, only buying stuff that really captures her attention. She enjoyed shopping with Justice. It wasn't because of the new items that she would buy. No, it was because she got to spend some quality time with her best friend.

______________

Okay, so this was a boring chapter. It's just a detailed insight into Clara's life. not much to say, so... I hope it wasn't that bad! >.< 

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. i've just been losing inspiration.