08: Skiing

08: Skiing  

The ice cold winter breeze stroked Clara's cheeks, and left a lingering chilly sensation as she glided her way down the snow mountain. Her thick snow coat clung to her body as she unsteadily skied, the gray beanie she wore prevented her hair from flying in all directions and getting tousled. Justice laughed by her side, enjoying the moment. Justice loves skiing, and had always nagged her best friend about it. She hadn't been to this place in quite a long time, and that she was able to come and enjoy this glorious activity was enough to have her smiling.  

Harry and Niall were way ahead of them, they were both racing to get to the bottom first. By the time Justice and Clara had arrived, and finished skiing, the boys were waving them over at the coffee shop right beside the souvenir story and where all the ski gear was located. 

"Hey!" greeted Niall in a cheery and jumpy mood. Clara smiled in acknowledgement, and Justice waved before taking a seat. 

"Coffee or hot chocolate?" Harry interrogated. 

"Hot choco." 

"I second that." 

"I third that." Clara muttered, but let a giggle escape past her lips after she had heard what she had said. "I mean, I call third?" Her statement came out more like a question, mostly because she was not sure what was the correct term.  

Her friends chuckled along with her. Harry left immediately to go order the beverages. The three fell into a brief and short conversation which ended when Harry had arrived holding a grey plastic tray with four steaming hot cups of hot chocolate. Each person snatched a glass cup and started sipping at the drink. The warm sensation lingered in their throats, making them crave more. In no time, all the cups that were once full, were now vacant of the chocolate-y beverage. 

"I think I'll go outside for a while, just to enjoy the coolness," declared Clara, getting up and trudging towards the door. The cold wind brushed her face in greeting as she exited Mama's Hot Drinks. She stumbled upon an empty bench, and she sat herself on the varnished brown wood. Clara just took a moment to enjoy the scenery surrounding her. The young kids were ice skating on the far side, and the quaint souvenir shop was filled with customers. Weirdly, there were a lot of people coming to ski today. The snow fluttered down from the sky, one snowflake landing gracefully on the palm of Clara's hand.  

Snow was always something she appreciated. It was just so beautiful and picturesque, and she loved it. But she didn't just love it, she was jealous of it. What an unusual contrast! She was jealous of the snow for it didn't care no one liked it, because all she wanted was for someone to like her. Sure, Justice and her aunt likes her. But even though she said that she didn't care about others' opinions anymore, they still bothered her. And it would never not bother her, because she was just that sensitive. Even though she puts on a façade whereas it looks like nothing affects her anymore, it still does.  

Clara cleared her mind, it wasn't the time to pity herself. She was here with her friends, and she might as well enjoy it. She looked at the setting once more, admiring it. A smile gradually crepy onto her chapped lips, and her eyes twinkled in delight at this magnificent view before her. After a few minutes of just looking at the scenery, Clara got up, and headed back to the coffee shop. 

But she didn't get much walking done before something unpredictable had happened upon her. She turned around, a  furious tiger emerging from the inside of her. Whoever had thrown that snowball would be dead. She spotted the culprit standing and smiling innocently at her. Her hands immediately flew to the ground and she picked up a massive amount of snow; she molded it into a firm and hard sphere and flung it towards the boy who had inflicted the icy splatter of snow on the back of her snow coat. 

The snowball hit exactly where she aimed at. Harry clutched his stomach in pain, a grimace forming on his handsome features, while he shouted, "What was that for?" 

"That, my friend, was an act of revenge," replied Clara smoothly. 

"But it wasn't me!" Harry protested. Clara quirked an accusing eyebrow, then darted her eyes to her surroundings. Right beside Harry was no other than Niall, laughing and finding too much amusement out of the situation. No longer than a second later, a huge snowball was headed in his direction, smacking him on his forehead. The blond wiped away the chunk of snow with the back of his hand, opening his eyes once his face was clear of the soft white, glittery material. 

"Oh, it's on!" declared Niall, picking up a hand full of snow and transforming it into multiple balls of snow. He shot one at Harry but missed, then aimed for Clara. 

"You're going to have to do better than that, Horan!" yelled Clara, dodging the snowball that Niall shot at her. What she didn't realize was that as she was shouting, there was actually another sphere of snow hurtling towards her; it hit her right on the face. Niall stifled a giggle, whereas Harry burst out laughing like he never did before. Her eyes widened comically, before she shook her head, dismissing the snow, and chucked a snowball straight to Harry. It hit his hip, and left a sting. 

Their snowball fight didn't last long, because soon enough, Justice came trudging out of the parlor, cocking her hip to the side and placing a hand on it. 

"Guys! You left me in there all alone! You ditchers," she threw out a childish tantrum. Despite her sudden outburst, when a chunk of snow hit her head, she fumed and targeted back. And after a while of fooling around, it was as if the small matter didn't even occur. Pretty much the rest of the day was spent with laughs and jokes, it was a good memory to cherish. 

_______________

Dedicated to @Nargles because she's fab, and like, her writing is amazing plus her covers are absolutely beautiful.

So here you have it, the sixth chapter. I honestly really liked this chapter, lol. It's probably because of the snowball fight! I've never been in one before, because it doesn't snow here. But whenever I get the chance, I think I may just randomly shoot a snowball towards the person I'm with! 

And omfg, 3.6k reads!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. YOU'RE ALL VERY DEAR TO ME. I hope you like this story so far---though it's pretty boring, omg.  Also, there's a new cover. Credit goes to the lovely @arbitor! :) [She's fab-oo too.]

Question of the chapter (I'll be putting these in every chapter now): How do you like Clara so far? What do you think of her?

[SO SORRY FOR THE LONG A/N, OMG. I THINK I RANT TOO MUCH TBH.]