06: Harry Styles

04: Harry Styles

"Harry, mate, shut up," Niall demanded, playfully hitting Harry on the shoulder. Harry feigned hurt, by widening his eyes and resting a hand on his chest.

Niall rolled his eyes at his roommate's behavior, "She's all you talk about. 'She's so closed up! She's so blunt! She's so this - she's so that.' Anyone would think you have a little crush on her."

"Nah. I'll pass,"

Niall tried to hold his laughter in, "You'll pass?"

At first, Harry was bewildered, but then he realized what the sneaky blond meant, "You fool!"

They both burst out laughing, chuckling till their sides hurt. These types of banters were common between the two ever since they met in England. Niall had moved to Holmes Chapel, so that meant moving to a new school as well. And from there, he met Harry. They moved here to New York last week. With Harry and Niall being best friends and all, the Irish boy had decided to come with him as well. It wasn't hard convincing Niall's mum because their mothers were pretty close friends too, since the boys had first met in the midst elementary school.

"Boys, lunch!" yelled Anne, Harry's mum. There was no answer, proof of acknowledgement was shown when both lads appeared in the kitchen doorway.

Four plates of steaming hot spaghetti were placed on the dining table, a metal fork accompanying each one. Anne's husband, Mr. Twist, entered, and took a seat next to her. The lads sat across the married couple.

"This is delicious Mrs. Styles!" Niall said between mouthfuls of noodles.

"Don't talk while eating Niall!" Anne had taken the initiative of taking care of Niall, so that included punishments and all. All rules that applied to Harry would be applied to Niall as well. The blond haired boy shut his mouth up and continued eating, while his friend beside him snickered.

After lunch, Harry and Niall headed outside for some 'guy time'. The boys had borrowed Harry's stepfather's Audi R8 Coupe. You see, Harry's father worked as a doctor, and got good pay, so the Styles family was a little bit more than well off, but not rich either. A fifteen minute drive later, they were jamming the games at an arcade.

"This is shit, man," was what Niall had said after both of them had used all their arcade tokens.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" The curly haired lad questioned. Niall just incoherently shrugged in response. The lights surrounding them were a bit dim. Everyone was enticed in their own little game, you could tell that this was the usual hangout for many teenagers. I mean, which teen doesn't like arcade games?

A bright gleam of light flashed in abruptly, initiating a few heads - including Harry's and Niall's - to turn to the victim. Strutting in was none other than Clara Depri, clad in baggy jeans and a white tee while a furry brown winter coat clung to her body.

Her lips were pursed in a straight line as she looked around for a suitable game to play. The corners of her mouth curved up into a small grin as she made her way towards a racing game.

"Clara?" Niall interrupted her, she abruptly stopped in her tracks and whirled around to fin a surprised Niall. He was astonished to find her here...at an arcade. She just looked at him smugly. "What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like I'm doing here?" She retorted, smiling and shaking her head from side to side, "I'm playing games at the arcade, that's what." With that, a small chuckle escaped past her lips.

"Uh, Clara this is Harry. Harry, this is Clara," Niall introduced. Clara nodded, recognizing the curious boy who had witnessed her crying the other day in the parking lot. Harry just smiled at her, showing off his straight whitened teeth.

Harry went off to get more tokens, meanwhile Niall had a brief conversation with Clara. He shoved the cashier that was changing dollars to tokens a three dollar bill receiving twelve arcade tokens. He gave Niall half of the amount he got then trailed behind Clara. The blond followed suit because conveniently, there were three machines lined by the peeling baby blue walls all of the same arcade game - Fast & Furious.

Harry took a seat on one of the replica's of a car seat. Clara sat in the middle, glancing over to the two boys beside her occasionally. She punched a token into the machine. The two lads did the same.

"Five bucks if I win," Harry told Niall.

The Irish lad laughed heartily, and declared, "You're crazy if you think you're going to win. Who won all those last games?" He jutted a thumb towards his chest, "Me! You're going to regret betting, Styles."

Harry scoffed, and waved a hand to brush him off.

"None of you are going to have a taste of victory because I am winning." said Clara with a devilish smile before the game started.

And her words weren't lies. Three rounds later, and the males were whining and complaining because Clara remained undefeated. Victory was in her hands and she pumped her fists in the air in triumph.

"Told you both!" She exclaimed, sticking her tongue out before smiling profoundly.

Harry smiled widely, his teeth showing, "Well we don't have to pay you because we didn't bet."

Niall nodded his head in agreement. Clara fired, "It's not about the money boys. It's a matter of pride. And I believe I just crushed both of yours."

"It was just a stupid racing game anyways," Niall muttered, and Clara laughed, clearly amused.

Harry's gaze drifted to the transparent glass doors of the room. The light outside was fading quickly, a mesmerizing image of the moon already coming into view. The sky was a pale orange color, shifting into a darker contrast every now and then.

"It's getting late Niall," He addressed Niall before turning to Clara, "It was nice meeting you, Clara. Maybe we could all hang out again."

Clara pondered over that matter, before nodding slightly. She had a great time right? It wouldn't cause any harm.

"Your egos seem pretty big, and I'd love to crush it again."

__________________

Dedicated to @xBeautyRisesx because her writing is fab-oo. She's fab as well. And her covers are amazing, okay? Okay.

Haha, she crushed their egos. :P Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter! I was stuck on it for quite a while. Please leave your thoughts on this below, and if you don't mind, maybe you could drop a vote as well.