05: Shut Up

05: Shut Up

The next day, Niall accompanies Clara again. Along with the following day, and then the day after that. Today, he was there once again.

"Why don't you speak?" Niall asks, his voice held an inquisitive tone.

Clara pursed her lips, "I do speak, just not all the time. I don't speak to strangers."

His eyes widened at her answer, he was taken aback by her harsh response. But come to think of it, he actually was a stranger, but that was just because they haven't met before. No introductions, no talking, no nothing! Maybe if they talked, then they wouldn't be strangers to each other. He cleared his throat, "Well, I'm Niall Horan, and I'm from Ireland."

"Clara. I'm from here." She responded straightforwardly, in either blunt phrases or short sentences.

The blond boy sighed, and ruffled his tangled up hair. At least it was better than silence, right? And so, with his determined behavior, he kept prying and annoying Clara the entire week, sometimes even making her laugh. Laughter was definitely the key to brewing a newly found friendship. Believe it or not, a humorous joke - maybe even a lame one - can change things around. Don't hate, just laugh it out. If you ever find yourself feeling down, just laugh it out; brush it off as if it's nothing. Act as if you're a tower, the waves are crashing to your side, but you won't fall; because you're strong. Being optimistic is having a strong and positive mind - that's exactly the kind of character Niall was being.

"Oh shut up, you fool," Clara shoved Niall away from her. You could easily tell that they were joking around because Clara kept trying to stay serious, while Niall was just straight-out laughing.

"You couldn't shut me up if you tried."

"I still have that picture of you, I can post it on social websites," she answered in a singsong voice.

"You wouldn't dare!" screeched Niall, flaring his arms overhead. She just quirks an eyebrow in reply, as if to say 'I so would do it'. After that conversation, Niall didn't mention about Clara's tendency to blush easily. And she did blush when Niall accidentally mentioned in an earlier exchange the word 'sex' instead of 'six'. He immediately laughed profusely at her response.

They both had gym later that day, and the students were asked to form teams. Clara stayed by Niall's side, and they formed a group along with a few other students nearby which they managed to convince into their little clique. Turns out, they were going to play basketball; a sport that Clara was outstanding in, but just wasn't her passion. A hobby it was, though.

Due to her supposed amazing basketball skills, she was assigned to play for the team as well. There were a total of 32 students in that class period, so the whole class was split into four different teams. The entire gym period mainly consisted of playing basketball. There were friendly competitions between the groups, and Clara's team proudly won their opposing team. Many girls aren't into sports, but this one sure as hell is, and not to mention she is pretty good at it as well.

"Nice job!" Coach Hemmings praised, as he patted Clara on the back softly. Clara smiled back with enthusiasm, appreciating the compliment. "I think the school would love to have a player like you on the female basketball team."

She pondered for a while, wondering if she should join. She was already in the school's soccer and badminton team...maybe joining the basketball team would be fun. What did she have to lose? She wasn't that bad at the game, and it would be a great opportunity to boost up her extra-curricular activities.

"I'd love to," she answered, nodding her head in reassurance. Coach Hemmings chanted, and chuckled before exiting the gym along with the crowd.

"Congrats!" said Niall out of the blue, pulling Clara into a bone-crushing hug. She was shocked, her eyeballs almost bulging out of its sockets because of the embrace. She barely knew the guy for goodness sakes! No one was this forward, people didn't even come within a foot near her, and here this guy was, hugging her as if she was his best friend. She wriggled in his arms, and noting her uncomfort, he let her go.

"Gosh, you scared the living daylights out of me."

_______________________

Dedication goes to @TheFallingRain because a.) she's too perfect b.) i love her and c.) She's amazing. I just- omg. I suggest that you read her books, because believe me when i say that her writing is perfection. It IS! Just go read "Heartbeat" and "Priority" and pretty much anything else she writes, and you'll see! I'm sorry this is not as good as your writing, I really am. 

*****

Yes, I sooooo did put 'Coach Hemmings'. Hemmings as in the last name of Luke from 5SOS [5 Seconds Of Summer]. I just found out about them, but trust me, they're super adorable and they sing great! And yes, I sooo updated a few days early as well! :D Hope this satisfies all of you. I know I update slow, but I can't help it, what with the homework and all.

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Feel free to drop a vote, and do whatever you guys always do :) Thanks for reading this far! I don't really mention it, but ily all!

Happy reading,

~Jessica