; Alternate Ending ;

"This is so good," She closed her eyes, savoring the sweet taste on her tongue "Oh how I missed this."

"Angel cake is definitely one of the best. Have you tried red velvet?" Honey's eyes widened as the girl shook her head in response "It's the best thing ever!"

"I think I'll have to try it another time Honey," She leaned back into the couch, sinking into the cushion "I'm about to burst."

She picked up the peppermint tea filled cup and inhaled the scent before drinking.

"How do you drink that?" Honey grimaced as she placed the cup back on the table "It tastes like toothpaste."

"When I was younger my grandfather used to always give us peppermint sweets. I used to dread them," The girl shrugged "But I think I only started to just grow fond of the taste after he started bringing black licorice."

"Oh no." Honey shivered at the thought "Black licorice and peppermint? There are so many different flavors to choose from so why choose something so, so. . ."

"Gross?" Mikasa offered.

"Exactly!" Honey exclaimed "Why have a bad tasting plant when you can have custard or cream?"

"A fair point actually." She nodded thoughtfully "So Honey, why did you decide to open a cakery in the middle of Boston?"

"It felt right to." Honey replied, suddenly full of energy "I'm starting out in business so why not start with a place that sells things I love?"

"That's so nic-" Mikasa looked out the window to see a group of familiar faces leading someone with a blindfold on towards the store "You guys are joking right? Wait better question. How on earth did you get Kyoya to agree on wearing a blindfold?"

"We have our ways."

Mikasa sighed picking up her teacup and quickly downing the contents "Please tell me you at least told them him I was going to visit sometime."

"Sorry but we were under strict instructions from your brother to tell him nothing."

"Of course he would do something like that. He's such a prick." Mikasa felt her eyebrow twitch in annoyance at her brother's actions "It's terrifying how well you and my brother get along."

"I'm a great pen pal and business partner, what can I say?" Honey grinned "And it's Kyoya who introduced us anyway so I guess it's because of him."

"Of course." She looked out the window again "I'm surprised you all could keep a secret this big for this long."

"Well I only told the rest of them this morning so they're excited too."

"What."

Before Honey could answer the gentle chime of the bell alerted the two that the group had entered.

"Okay now if you'll just step over here. . ." The twins maneuvered the boy around the tables until they reached their destination.

"Where are we? I swear if we're at another pet store tha-" Kyoya removed the blindfold roughly while being visibly annoyed.

That is until he laid his eyes on the girl infront of him.

"Stop."

"Stop what?" She asked obviously confused.

Had she been doing something wrong without noticing?

"Whatever you're doing, you can stop it now."

"Stop playing with my hair?" She frowned lowering her arms to her side "Kyoya you're being strange."

"This isn't funny. Who put you up to this?"

"Put them up to what?" She was even more confused now "Are you alright Kyoya?"

"You're not real." He whispered reaching out for the girl.

He retracted his hand before they made contact. "This is an illusion of some sort. It has to be."

She wrapped her arms around Kyoya's neck, burying her head into the crook. "I missed you."

"I can't believe you're here," He wrapped his arms around her and almost squeezed the life out of the poor girl, scared that if he let go she would just disappear "You're actually here."

"I'm sorry it took so long." She gripped him just as tightly "I thought you would have found someone else by now."

"I could never." He said breathless "No one on this Earth could make me feel the way I feel about you."

A cough interrupted the tender moment the two were sharing.

"Well we're going to step out let's catch up later Mikasa." One of the twins yelled as they began to exit the building in single file and disappearing around the corner.

"I missed you all so much you have no clue." Mikasa sighed leaning her head against his chest.

"I still can't believe you're here with me now." He planted a butterfly kiss on the girl's hair "I have so much I want to say but I just don't know how to say it."

"You don't need to say anything, I understand."

More moments of a silent bliss followed.

The silence was saying plenty.

"I didn't think this would ever happen." Mikasa finally spoke, looking up at her beloved "All the stories I've read about love couldn't have prepared me for this."

"I suppose romance novels and such are nice," He leant in close "But you do you know which one is my favorite?"

"Which one Kyoya?"

"Ours."

He rested his forehead against Mikasa's.

"That's so out of character for you," She closed her eyes, absorbing the warmth "I love it."

"I love you."

[End]

-

hi lmao i've literally had this sitting in my drafts for so long because i'm really scared of posting and rewriting chapters rn so again i'm so sorry.

thank you so much for reading this until the end i really, really and truly do appreciate every single one of you :))

until next time,
rin omoi