Chapter 6 ~ Between The Lines

Roses are red,
My lies are white.
Will you notice?
No?
Well he might.
- Rin Omoi

~ Just three more days...

"Mikasa what are you doing at school?" Tamaki asked me as I walked through the classroom door "Aren't you sick?"

"I-I'm better!" I forced a smile "I'm allowed to attend as long as I don't do anything rash"

Lies.

All lies.

I'm supposed to be confined to my bed at home.

I'm supposed to be drowsy off medication.

I'm supposed to be slowly dying alone in my bed.

I'm currently staying at a hotel.

Yes I ran away from home.

Yes I blocked all my relatives numbers.

They won't find that out.

None of it.

But a little white lie won't hurt.

Will it?

"Oh, well that's brilliant!" Tamaki exclaimed "You have to come to the host club afterward-"

"What the hell are you doing here?" An angry voice came from behind us.

"I was allowed to leave since I was feeling better"

Strike one.

"I did hear you were discharged from the hospital..." He mumbled as he thought "Though it is a bit early for you to not require a nurse or doctors supervision..."

"Well, clearly I'm okay" I gestured to myself.

"Hmm, I can see that" He looked at me "But you're to stay with me at all times understand?"

"Is that something I have to promise..?"

He looked at me.

"Pinky promise then?" I asked holding out my pinky.

He sighed as he entertwined his pinky around mine.

"Pinky promise" He eventually gave in.

"Pinky promise, pinky promise!" I started to sing "Finger cut-off, ten thousand fist-punchings, whoever lies has to swallow thousand needles!"

"What?!" Tamaki yelled "Mommy no! Why would you agree to that?!"

"She meant it figuratively, not literally" Kyoya sighed once more lifting his glasses with his finger "And may I see your phone for a moment?"

"Why?"

"So I can give you my phone number for emergencies"

I reluctantly gave my phone to him and seconds later it was returned with some sort of really pretty flower sticker now stuck to it.

Black and red sure were nice colors.

"My gift to you" Was all he said as I opened my mouth to question it.

"Wait, isn't that one of your tracking d-" Tamaki suddenly fell our of his chair but the floor was there to graciously catch his fall.

"What was that Tamaki?" I asked him as he started grumbling "I didn't quite catch that"

"Nothing" He mumbled sitting back down.

Loud yelling and laughing was heard as three people ran past out class.