"Hey buddy! Hi! I know I missed you too! Yeah! I love you too!" I smiled as Wilmer calmed Zeus down, then straightened back up. "Home Sweet Home." He murmured, wrapping an arm around my waist and leading me up to the door. He pushed it open and stepped inside, taking a deep breath through his nose.

"Are you okay?" I murmured, touching his cheek.

"It's just good to be back." He said, in the same soft tone. "So I can do this."

With a sly smirk he kicked the door shut and slid his hand to my cheek, leaning down to press his lips against mine. I draped my arms around his neck and giggled against his lips as Wilmer dipped me low before bringing me back up, his lips urgent against mine.

"Wait." I breathed, when his hand began to wander. "They said you're not supposed to work yourself up."

"Who's getting worked up?" He murmured, kissing my jawline.

"You are." I laughed, stepping away before wrapping my arms around him again and hugging his waist tightly. "I'm so glad you're back."

"It's good to be home."

~*~

"Real food tastes so good." Wilmer groaned appreciatively, closing his eyes as he ate the pasta I made for us tonight.

"I'm glad you like it." I smiled, my eyes not leaving his face. I felt like if I looked away for even a moment I would lose him.

"So they're talking about setting up something in D.C. They want me to start training privates when I'm all healed up."

I swallowed hard, taking a sip of my water as I finally looked down at my hands. "But you just got back."

"I know, but it's always good to have a plan."

I didn't answer. Wilmer and I always disagreed on issues with him going back or reenlisting into the Marine Corp. I wasn't getting any younger, at twenty eight, and I wanted things. I wanted kids, and a family, and a husband who had a normal job. It's not that I'm not proud of him. I'm so proud my heart could burst, of everything he's done.

But I wanted my husband back.

We laid on the couch and watched a movie, our bodies intertwined as closely as possible. Neither of us watched it too much though, mostly just kissing each other, letting our lips explore whatever open skin was available to us.

Once the screen went black, I pulled away from Wilmer, running my fingers down his cheek. "What happened over there?" I murmured, my eyebrows pushing together.

Almost instantly, his entire expression changed. "Demi. I'm not talking about it. A lot of things happened."

"Please." I breathed. "Just tell me." I tilted my head, rubbing his shoulders. "Talk to me, baby."

"No." He gritted his teeth and shook his head. "Demi I don't want to fight with you. It's my first night home."

I exhaled slowly and smiled. "Okay. Let's go to bed."

Wilmer stood up, offering his hand to me. Zeus opened one eye as we walked to the bedroom, but just rolled over and went back to sleep.

We both changed, but when I walked out of my closet to the bedroom, Wilmer was sitting on the edge of the bed with his back to me, wearing a t-shirt and pajama pants.

"Since when do you wear anything more than boxers?" I said, climbing onto the bed and putting my hands on his shoulders, pressing my lips to the back of his neck.

"Since I spent six months sleeping in full combat gear in dirt holes."

I sighed at the bitterness in his tone and trailed my hands down his back. I fingered the edge of his shirt for a moment before lifting it up. Before I could get it off, he grabbed the fabric, turning around to look at me.

"I'm fine sleeping like this."

I bit my lip, but nodded, moving under the covers with him before I hesitated. I didn't know how to act, or what could make him uncomfortable.

"Hey." Wilmer's mouth lifted at the side, giving me a look that the old Wilmer would've given me. "C'mere."

Gratefully, I snuggled into the circle of his arms and rested my head on his chest, right over his heart. "I love you." I whispered, kissing his neck gently. "So much."

"I love you too, Demi."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel