⊰41⊱

🌹

Does everyone have a god damn leaky faucet?!

Dripping water, it's the very first thing I pick up on when I press my eyelids tight together, trying to wake myself up. The first thing I feel is the dull and aching pain in my face, the next is the very cold and hard ground beneath where I lay. Taking in a deep breath and forcing my eyelids open, I take the first few glimpses of the room I have been forsaken in.

The walls are made of stone, the ground beneath me is concrete. It's a wide open room, the part where I reside is lined with cages and chains hanging from the ceiling and the walls, attached to large rings. Across the way, I grimace at the devices I can see, noticing that most instruments still have either fresh or dry blood on them.

When I go to move my right hand, my left one follows. I glance down and realize my wrists are bound together in iron shackles, connecting to a chain that adheres to a metal ring in the stone wall. Of course I would be chained, considering I wasn't placed in a cage.

Drip.

Drip.

God damn it!

The source of this leaky faucet comes from a sink near the only door. I glare at it, memories of Aohdan's dungeon flooding back.

The room is very cold, a single window above me allowing for gentle moonbeams to light up a section of the room. Standing slowly to my feet, I test the chain, yanking on it for a moment. It hardly gives, sighing while I turn around and face the wall. I reach my hands up to the small window, hardly large enough for a small child to slip through if it weren't for the bars that barricade my freedom.

It's then that I notice I'm still in my clothes from when Taft kidnapped me. I pause a moment, shifting my wrists and edging the bottom of my sleeve up. My heart skips a beat as the hurt radiates through my being. Taft didn't kidnap me...I selfishly and stupidly made Cormac take his bracelet off of me. Now my eyes just read over the lettering:

Thornton.

Disdain rises, my anger flaring, but suddenly the heat within me dies down as I come to accept the fact that this was my fault. If I had controlled my emotions better and just listened to logic and reason, I probably wouldn't be here right now. I didn't even give him a chance...but he killed her...he killed my mom. Torn, wanting to know the reasoning why as I'd blindly shut Cormac out, but wanting to be angry at him for taking away the one person in my life that protected me...

But now that I have two...I threw them both away alongside of her.

My hands clench into fists and they shake with rage in front of me, standing with the back of my head tilting against the wall. I'm angry...I'm so fucking angry.

I just-

The sound of hinges squeaking causes my attention to snap in the direction of the door. Taft's eyes immediately fall on me as his security closes the door behind him. He's wearing a black tank top and dark jeans that rest over boots, his eyes holding my gaze as he walks near the center of the room.

Motioning around him, Taft asks, "Comfortable, slave?"

"I'm quite upset you didn't give me my own personal cage," I pout while allowing my fists to relax, closing my eyelids briefly in boredom.

Taft chuckles and states, "I don't know how you survived as long as you did with Aohdan. That attitude would have had you killed within a few weeks," his footsteps ricochet off the concrete, approaching me slowly, "Cormac on the other hand, I know he loves a feisty challenge and I guess he was finally done the moment he took your bracelet off...however, I believe he didn't set you free, but you escaped so I can't say he played the move of a traitor and sympathized with a human by turning it loose. The two younger council members really don't know how to break the most extreme cases of human resistance. That job is left up to Arthur and I."