Harry

Woop! My computer's back! Sorry for the wait!

2.6K VIEWS!!!!!!!

They arrived later than originally planned.

Harry wasn't included in the group that went to collect the Americans for the simple reason of convenience. The smaller the group, the faster they would get back, so only three of the most experienced apparators went, Mr Weasley, Moody and Tonks. Dumbledore would have gone, but he declined, opting instead to wait at Grimmauld place. Dumbledore himself had just arrived a few hours ago, after disappearing three weeks ago.

Besides, Harry wasn't keen to repeat the last experience he had with apparition. He still shivered when he pictured Percy with a missing shoulder. (A/N I totally forgot to add that into the last chapter, so just assume they cleaned it up with Nico complaining the entire time)

The plan was, for the wizards who were apparating to travel to America, collect the Americans who were waiting, bring them back, then everyone would head to Hogwarts.

Except they hadn't come back yet.

And yes alright, Harry thought, they've been gone for all of three minutes, but how long did it take to make such a short trip? What if something had happened?

"You should stop worrying you know,"

He almost jumped out of his skin as a voice piped up next to him, he had all but forgotten that Hermione was sitting next to him, silently reading a book on the laws surrounding spells and their creation. She was sitting straight in the chair as she always did, the book propped up on her knees. The tiny print that covered the page from top to bottom making Harry's eyes grow tired just looking at it. Harry turned his head and was caught in the intense searching gaze Hermione was giving him before she broke eye contact and continued to read the book, her eyes jumping from line to line at a speed Harry would have never thought possible if he hadn't had ever met Hermione. He knew she was listening, though.

He sighed, "How did you know?"

Hermione kept reading the book. He saw the corners of her mouth turn up into a soft smile, "Harry, we've been friends for over five years. If I couldn't tell, I'd be a rubbish friend," her smile turned into a frown, "You've been strangely anxious all summer, now that I think about it."

Harry pursed his lips, choosing to ignore the second part of the statement, "Ron didn't notice,"

She snorted, "Ronald Weasley? He'd only notice if you changed what you gave him for breakfast," despite her patronising tone, Harry noticed her gently bite her lip to prevent a fond smile forming there.

"Never you were interested in redheads, Hermione." he said, desperate to change the subject, besides he was actually secretly interested.

Hermione snapped her head up to meet his eyes so fast Harry was surprised she didn't get whiplash.

"W-what?" she spluttered, her eyes filled with horror.

"Ah," Harry said dreamily, his hand resting on his chin and he stared into space, fighting down the smirk that was threatening to appear. "To be young and..." he turned to Hermione, "...in love," he mocked in a sing-song voice.

"I am not... honestly, where did you get that idea from... I... just... Urgh," she threw her hands up in exasperation, "Just forget it,"

"Denial isn't just a river in India,"

Hermione glared at him. "The Nile isn't even in India, Harry, it's in Egypt."

Harry blinked, "Oh,"