Percy

IMPORTANT

Okay, I fucked up. I wrote this chapter in Percy POV but the next chapter needed to be in Percy POV 

SO I ADDED A SECOND PART!!!!

Scroll down until [  Part Two - (New part)  ] Phew :)

"To get straight to the point, Percy, here, needs to get a magical education."

Dumbledore looked directly at us, "Normally wizards receive an invitation to a wizarding school at age eleven, the next seven years of their life are spent in that wizarding school learning the arts of magic."

"We're not quite sure why you never received an invitation, but it is quite obvious that you can't enrol into a wizarding school at your age."

I nodded, and Dumbledore continued.

"That leaves us with a few options. One, you could be tutored, here, in Grimmauld place. Although this is not the best idea, for even with a quickened education it would take a few years to complete, and it is understandable that being locked up in this house for that amount of time would not be... a great experience."

I noticed a few people shift around uncomfortably. I wondered this was something that had happened before, maybe even recently.

If it was, it hadn't ended well.

"It is, however, beneficial, legally a wizard can't perform magic out of a school environment until they are seventeen. Since you are older than that, this causes little to no problems."

"Another option would be going to Hogwarts and learning there, this would be probably the quickest way to learn magic, yet it would be suspicious to the students there. We would prefer to keep you on the down low for now."

"Wait," I interrupted. "Sorry to stop your rousing speech, but none of these options are looking too good right now. You said this would take years? We do have another life you know. People back in America. This Voldemort guy..."

I saw several people flinch at his name.

"He has never bothered us before, what's stopping us from going back to America?"

Dumbledore looked shocked, "Of course, you wouldn't know what has been happening."

He took a deep breath.

"Voldemort is one of the evilest wizards to exist. He rose to power twenty-seven years ago. He stayed in power for eleven years. During this time..."

Dumbledore shook his head

"It was a dark time for wizards, lots of people going missing, turning up dead or working for the other side. Wizards have lots of power, you must understand. Some spells... some of Voldemort's followers were in it for power, others were forced against their will, controlled by magic. Either way, his army increased every day, and every day he became more powerful. Then he suddenly disappeared. It was unsure what happened. All everyone knew was that something happened one night when he tried to murder someone, Harry in fact."

I looked over in surprise at Harry, who was gazing sadly at the table.

"Harry was only one at the time. Unfortunately his parents..."

Dumbledore had a sharp intake of breath, "For a long time no one knew what had happened, still, we are not sure. For the next fifteen years, it was peaceful. Wizards do not go bad, as you could say, very often, and never before had anyone ever got so much power. A year ago, Voldemort, unfortunately, made his return."

He leant forwards suddenly grave.

"He is once again building an army. It is not a matter of if he would find you, but when, and you might have no choice but to follow him."