Harry

I AM SO EXCITED!!! 1.4K VIEWS!!! WHAT EVEN IS LIFE!! Thank you guys soo much! I have received so much support!

Sorry this is not very exciting, I'm already working on the next chapter. Anyways, enjoy this sort-of filler chapter with character bonding and development! Btw, don't worry, they go to Hogwarts soon.

Harry was sitting in the dining room. Most of the Order had retreated to their bedrooms or the drawing room.

Harry wasn't exactly sure what to do. After Dumbledore left the three Americans had disappeared just as quickly, to where, Harry didn't know. Hermione had left to her room for research without saying anything to Harry and Ron and since the older members of the Order still didn't consider Harry a proper member they had excused themselves to 'have a quick discussion'.

"You alright, mate?"

Harry smiled sheepishly at Ron as he sat next to him.

"Yeah, just a lot to take in at once, you know?"

Ron snorted, "You don't have to tell me," he shifted uncomfortably in his chair, "Look, I'm sorry I freaked out back in Diagon Alley. Don't know what I was thinking."

Harry gave him a weird look. "What are you talking about?"

"You know! The whole wand thing, with..." Ron suddenly broke eye contact. "You know what, never mind. I'm just gonna... see you later Harry."

Harry frowned at the grains of the table as Ron hastily made an exit. A faint memory was tugging at his mind, but then it was gone and Harry deflated in his seat.

Even by himself the atmosphere in the room was starting to get suffocating. Ever since Dumbledore had arrived yesterday, things had been moving at such a fast pace that Harry hadn't had much time to think. Once again Harry's thoughts turned to the ministry of magic and the Department of Mysteries, the death eaters, the battle and Sirius and...

That's it, Harry thought. I'm getting out of here.

Some fresh air would do him good, he decided. Of course, he was aware that he probably wasn't allowed to leave the house, but hey, Dumbledore did it.

Harry stood up immediately and headed towards the front door of Grimmauld place, he was so preoccupied with his thoughts he didn't even notice the small child walking down the hall until he almost knocked him over.

"I'm so sorry!" Harry cried as Benjamin whirled his hands in like a windmill to avoid falling to the ground.

It worked, although in hindsight it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do when holding a large glass of water. Luckily, Benjamin didn't drop the glass but both he and Harry ended up drenched with water.

Benjamin gave Harry a grin. Harry absentmindedly noticed that Benjamin only had about half of his teeth.

"Dath okay!" Benjamin practically chirped.

"Yeah," Harry mumbled, feeling guilty. He spared a glance at the front door, then sighed and stuck his hand out for Benjamin. "I'll help you get another glass, okay?"

Benjamin nodded and took his hand, humming as they walked back to the kitchen. Secretly, Harry was glad for the distraction. His brief moment of panic quickly subsiding.

When they entered the kitchen, Benjamin let go of Harry's hand and pulled up a chair, which was far too tall for him, before Harry could say anything. Harry raised an eyebrow, but decided not to comment.

He collected the glass Benjamin had and reached up to the cabinet to grab another one for himself. As he turned on the tap he was struck with a realisation.