Chapter 17

"My sweet child, one day I hope you can find happiness in this garbage world. Whether your source comes from a person or activity, I hope it can fill your heart with joy.

Because to me you are my joy, and I thank the world for bringing me this opportunity."

It was strange to have thought that while Jack was bleeding profusely. Perhaps, it was because in the small time you and Jack spent together, you felt genuine joy with him.

However, your father's words continued to echo in your head while you sobbed into your hands. Hoodie and Toby were able to safely take you back to safety, but at what cost?

Jack was still in critical condition and there was still no word over whether or not he would live.

Seeing as he was the only doctor in the residence, Smiley had to be called in order to operate on Jack. It's already been a couple hours and still no sign of gods news.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea. "

You sniffled. "It's not your fault father. There was no way you could've known what was going to happen. "

Zalgo looked down at you. Ever since you got back you haven't moved an inch away from the operation room. Regardless of the status of your relationship with Jack, romantic or not, it was clear that you two developed a strong bond.

Placing his arms around your shaking frame, he consoled you as your father and allowed you to let out your frustrations and regrets.

______________________________________________________________________________

Finally after four hours, Smiley emerged from the room. His once clean apron was now littered with splotches of Jack's black blood.

Hastily ripping off his gloves and throwing them carelessly aside, he hugged and smirked. "It wasn't easy, but Jack will live." His eyes turned to Zalgo. "I'm also expecting lifelong protection from Slenderman and his henchmen for this. I could've spent my time on something actually important, but at least I got something out of it." Placing his signature mask onto his face he left the room.

Just as you were about to rush into the room, Toby and Hoodie blocked your way.

"W-what are you doing? Let me through"

They both shook their heads. "I'm afraid we can't do that." Hoodie explained.

"Why not?"

Toby shifted. "There's someone who wants to see you. "

A/n: this is sad. I actually had to reread this in order to remember what was happening. At this point, it will just be improvised writing. So, let's hope for the best.