Chapter 12 (E.J)

Day 6

Breathe in. Breathe out.

You continued this as you listened to the silence around you. The light wind caused stray hairs to fall into your face, but you let it be. Complete serenity was what you felt at the moment. The soft wet grass on your fingertips, the calming air bringing just the right amount of wind, the sway of the trees. It had been a while since you've enjoyed nature for it had to offer. Especially since you had gotten sick so unexpectedly.

Jack poked his head out through the back door. He watched you laying against a tree, your fingers gliding over the grass every once in a while. You looked completely peaceful and Jack wondered if it was right of him to interrupt the moment.

"(Y/n) your father is here to see you." Your eyes snapped open and before E.J could process his thoughts you had already vanished.

Your legs ran as fast as they could until eventually the man himself was right in front of you. In an instant you engulfed him in a hug, inhaling his familiar scent and you smiled.

"I already regret visiting." He groaned into your hug.

"I can't help it if I missed you."

Zalgo rolled his eyes. "Its been only 5 days."

"I still missed you." Finally letting go of him you eyed him as he looked around for something.

"Is something wrong?" You asked as you looked around as well.

"Where's Jack?"

You shrugged. "Probably downstairs. I haven't really seen him much today."

"Is he treating you well?"

All warmth from the visit vanished at the seriousness of his voice and a shiver went down your spine.

"O-of course he is. The other day I was I'll and he nursed me." You paused as you studied his face. "Is something bothering you?"

He ran a hand through his face and sat down on the couch across from you. You could tell he was choosing his words carefully.

"I worry that's all. I don't want my only child living with a man I don't know anything about and not to mention eats organs. If you were in my position you'd understand."

Damn. He knew how to pull at your heartstrings.

"Well as you can see I'm fine Father. If you're worried about Jack then you can rest because he's not a bad person. Sure he's a little distant but I'm sure he'll warm up eventually. It just takes time with some people and that's fine."

Jack who sat in the spot that once was preoccupied by you, smiled. He didn't mean to eavesdrop, but he felt rather curious about your thoughts on him so he couldn't help but to listen to your conversation.

"I suppose this means the cat is alive. How interesting."

______________________________________________

Day 7

"What are you doing?"

Jack looked up from his work and glanced in your direction before returning to what he was doing previously, not wearing his mask. From where you were standing he held something in his arms while he held it near the kitchen faucet.

"I found it injured outside the house this morning when I went for a walk and decided to help clean it's wound." You gasped when Jack turned around and you quickly ran beside Jack to look at the creature you had left behind.

"Niel oh how I missed you. I am so sorry that I left you behind." You caressed the soft bunny's pure black fur and it nuzzled into your hand affectionately.