Compromise

After what seemed like an eternity, we finally arrived at the school. Mission Commander allowed us all to get some rest and food in our system before joining him tomorrow in front of the entire council. I found my way to Hazel and I's dorm and she greeted me at the doorway.

"What. The. Hell?!" She demands pulling me into a tight embrace.

"What?" I ask smiling weakly.

"Another demon? Samantha you're insane. What did he want? Did you learn anything-" she stopped and closed the door before continuing, "about you being the prophecy?"

"Yeah, I learned some important information about the King of Hell. For example he's trying to use me because apparently I'm a super deadly weapon. Oh, and he's Cade's biological father." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"What? Are you joking? I've never liked him, especially after he did that thing to you to link your pain." Hazel snapped angrily.

Suddenly there was a loud BOOM. Hazel dashed for her sword and we went to open the door. Ash suddenly appeared in the room and he said the most chilling words I've ever heard.

"Someone's broken through the barrier."

I took off sprinting towards the sound of screams and crying. Hazel and Ash were right at my heals. I swung my bow off of my body and into my hands. They were itching to launch an arrow. I suddenly realized I only had three arrows left. Crap. I got to the scene quickly and saw two figures, holding machine guns. For some reason they haven't fired yet. I got as many people out of there as I could. The one place they decided to break through happened to be where the beginners train. Coincidentally, today they were learning about the functioning of the wall, and the entire freshman class was near the gate. The explosion left twelve dead including two teachers and ten students. Anger flowed through my pumping veins. Something in my gut told me this was my fault. The fact that these people had guns meant they were about to inflict more casualties.

"We need to move quickly and safely to get as many people out as fast as people." I tell those of Top Class who arrived here first.

We dispersed and went over procedure. Get those closest from the threat out first, along with those who are the most badly hurt. I ordered freshman to report to the cafeteria and stay put until help came. Bring anyone who could walk. I found myself wondering where Cade had escaped to. Why wasn't he here to help? I shook off the thought and continued moving. I carried out two girls who were severely injured by the blast. While doing this, I watched the people carefully. They just sat there, basking in their infliction of pain. Once the entire premises was pretty much clear, I couldn't take the suspense.

"What do you want?" I screamed from the cover of a table.

"Bring us what we want and we will leave quietly!" One of them shouted back.

"How'd you get past our wall?!" I call to them.

"We have connections. Now, who is your leader?" They yell back.

"Put down your weapons and we can talk!" I negotiate.

The two discuss before yelling, "fine." They put down their guns and kick them towards us. I signal the rest of Top Class to stay down and hidden before standing up and approaching them. Hazel was soon at my side, along with Ash. The rest of the class was obedient though.  We walk up to them and immediately I realize they are not human. They have golden, narrow eyes. Their ears are pointed and slightly smaller than normal. Their skin was pale and cracked, with black underneath.