Purity

It's been weeks since the incident that drove Principal Gary off campus for questioning and gave me an excuse to not go to classes. Chase had transferred classes into magic classes because he thought that would help himself protect me. Cade and I haven't spoken since our almost-kiss and Hazel and Ash are growing apart. I kept my head low whenever I passed anyone in Top Class, feeling like a threat. I put everyone around me in danger, and that's the last thing I wanted. I needed something to get my mind off of everything, I needed to get out of here. Everyday was the same. I would get up, Hazel would already be gone, and I'd eat whatever she brought me from the cafeteria. I'd stay inside all day, sometimes going out to run. I stopped my training, besides the occasional sword combat with Hazel in our dorm. I hadn't shot an arrow since the hunt, and I could feel myself becoming more and more dependent of everyone else. I hated it. The board still hadn't figured out where the demon went nor how it left. I had done a lot of research about myself about the prophecy. However, there were no books in our library, or anything in our computers, or anyone I'd read about that could tell me anything. I knew I only had one last chance to find out, so at 6pm, thirty minutes after the last bell rang, I knocked on his door. Ash's face appeared and a confused look was pasted on his face.

"I'm not here for you. Where's Cade?" I demand.

"Cade! You're girlfriend is here!" Ash calls into the room.

I hear rustling and see a figure come to the door. Cade emerged in sweatpants and a dark t-shirt. His expression went from confused to nearly excited, then back to blank.

"I need your help." I announce.

"I forgot I left something somewhere." Ash says slipping out of the doorway and into the hallway.

I use the mirror in the hallway to see Ash hold up two thumbs up and walk down the hall out of view.

After a couple seconds of awkward silence, Cade began to talk.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about everything-" Cade began but I stopped him.

"As much as I love listening to you try to apologize, shut up. I didn't come for that. I need your help because I don't know what I am." I say without an ounce of emotion.

"Oh. So you need my help to find out who you are? Listen demon girl, I know teenage years are difficult-" he begins leaning against the door folding his arms.

"Shut up." I demand. 

"I'm the one who's running the show. I'd kiss my ass right now if I were you." Cade snapped opening up the doorway for me.

...

After hours of arguing and books and web surfing turning up nothing with information, Cade finally snapped.

"I'm your protector." He whimpered shoving the book down in frustration.

"You're a what?" I ask

"I'm YOUR protector. You were born to be the Prophecy and I was born to be your protecter." Cade explained gathering up the papers and books.

"In case you haven't noticed, I don't need protecting." I say helping him pick up materials.

"You do if things find out what kills you for eternity." Cade says.

I stop as shock darts down my spine.

"You see, you live forever. Or at least until you complete your legacy. And we're kind of bonded in a way that if you die, I die. If you get hurt, I get hurt. If you live for eternity, I live for eternity. There's only one way to kill you, but there are ears everywhere so you'd have to kill me before I said anything." Cade explained.

Teen Assassinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें