Twilight

I did a quick head count and counted thirteen. My heart began racing, and my palms started sweating. Was every vampire from the kin here? So much for our plan. Suddenly, Becca darts for the truck. What a stupid move. Everyone knows that vampires travel at lightning speed, and can definitely beat us anywhere. We were stronger together. I grabbed an arrow and loaded it, following Becca. Suddenly, a grey blur shot straight for her. I released the arrow and hit bulls eye as Becca slowly backed away from the now fully dead corpse.

"This isn't an assignment. It's a suicide mission." I whisper to everyone.

"Oh really?!" Cade demands sarcastically.

"Okay, we just need to stick together, and fight. They have numbers, strength and speed, but we have the mind. We can do this guys." Hazel says positively.

Except I knew she did the numbers because so did I. If you factor in the amount of vampires vs. us, their speed, strength and agility, the chance of us surviving is 1:1,098. Not so high. I flipped the steak in my hand, readying for them to charge. Except they didn't move. Then, I realized the trees were keeping the shade over the vampire's skin. They couldn't attack us even if they needed to, the sun was raising higher in the sky. We were being waited out.

"Guys, I think we're safe." Tanner says, stepping away from the circle.

"Tanner, NO!" I scream as he starts walking, turning his back on the vampires.

I lunge for him, but it's too late. A vampire is on him and draining the blood from his system. My arm is caught my Cade's hand. I chuck my steak at the creature, and hit it in the head. The vampires skin was wilting off from the burning sun. I pulled my arm out of Cade's grasp and charge the vampire. It swings at me, but somehow misses. I grab the steak out of it's very confused head, and shove it roughly into it's chest. It turns to stone. I pull the steak back out, and tears burn on my cheeks as Tanner's lifeless body lays on the ground. His face and neck are gruesomely torn to shreds.

"Come on!" I scream at the tree-line.

"I dare you!" I cry as tears pour out of my soft eyes.

"Sam." Hazel says gently, not lowering her weapon.

"Shut up!" I order loading my bow.

"Sam, don't do anything stupid." Ash warns stepping closer to me.

"I don't remember taking orders from you." I say with anger.

They killed Tanner, without even thinking. They were monsters - careless and evil. They all deserved to die.

I loaded five arrows and shot them into the forest without warning. Two dead vampires face-plant into the sunlight. I shot two more, and hit one. Only seven more to go.

"Is that it? Are you just going to let me kill your buddies? You killed mine, so now you're all going to die." I scream.

Then, a grey blur darted for me. I grabbed the steak and chucked it at the moving obscure object. It stopped there and fell backwards. Three more came for me, and Cade was suddenly standing next to me.

"You're one crazy woman." Cade whispers as he stabs a vampire.

One was suddenly right in front of me, but a steak pierced through it from the back, and it fell to the ground. The vampire was replaced by Hazel's smile. I shot my arrow at the one coming for me from my right. My bow was in a crossbow angle, making the shot deadly accurate. I glanced around the clearing, seeing Hazel and Ash work together to corral a vampire then attack it from both sides. Cade was waiting attentively for another one to come. Becca was tearing up on the ground and barely paying attention. I ran over to her and helped her to her feet.