Grim

Once we cleared everything with the administrators, we went to our dorms. I hadn't seen Cade in a week. Ash stopped by every so often. It was quiet all the time. Without Becca and Tanner, Top Class was torn to shreds. We went our separate ways and didn't really talk to each other. Most people in Top Class had abilities, accept for Ash, Chase and I. After the hunt, Principal Gary thought it'd be best if we all just stayed in our rooms for a while. Hazel claims she didn't see Becca's death, and I said I was the one who found her. How did that creature find us? A loud knock on the door pulls me out of my thoughts. Ash then opens the door and strolled right in without an answer.

"You can't just walk in." I snap at him.

"Does it look like I need an invitation?" He hisses back.

"Be nice." Hazel says from her bed.

"Just the girl I was looking for." Ash says walking over to Hazel.

I roll my eyes as he lays her down and advances to the top of her.

"Stop, Ash." Hazel says eyeing me.

"I'm not so good at following rules." He says devilishly.

When Hazel tried to push him off, he pinned her wrists above her head and started to kiss her.

"How could you guys do this? Becca and Tanner are dead, and you act like it didn't even happen!" I yell.

Before Hazel could respond, I dart out of the dorm and into the hallway. My momentum was stopped suddenly as I ran into someone.

"I'm sorry." I say pushing past them.

Instantly, my arm was grabbed by a firm grasp. I look back to see Cade's same pitiful expression.

"Stop looking at me like that." I snap pulling my arm out of his grasp.

"I was on my way to see you guys." Cade says.

"Oh you mean after five days of avoiding us you decide it's okay to finally stop by and say hi?" I hiss at him trying to get away.

I pull out of his grasp but he propels me into the wall.

"What is going on with you?" He asks getting very close to my face.

Suddenly, all the emotions I had balled up inside of me broke loose. My eyes started stinging and I looked away quickly.

"Sam, look at me." Cade says picking up my head.

"Cade, get off. I just met you. The last thing I want you to do see is me crying." I bark at him running away.

I don't look back, I just keep running. I run out of the dorms, past the pond, through the courtyard, all the way down to the cliffs. Our school was built on seaside cliffs. I approached them with caution. I crouch down and slowly make my way to the edge. Once I reach it, I let my legs hang off freely. The frigid air flowing around me gives me goosebumps, and the sound of waves crashing against rocks and walls of dirt fills my ears. The smell of salt lingers around me as I take in every detail. This area is forbidden after a girl from school jumped off as a dare. She didn't make it. I closed my eyes and concentrated hard, trying to answer all the questions floating around in my head. Was I really the prophecy? How come my wounds keep healing? Why couldn't I have saved Becca and Tanner?! Suddenly, I was being pulled away from the cliff and to my feet. I turned to see the very angry Cade.

"Are you insane?!" He screamed over the wind.

"Kind of." I admit honestly.

"You could've gotten hurt, maybe killed!" Cade said grabbing at me.

Teen AssassinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara