Chapter Five

I eye the glass uncertainly, my gaze flicking from the blood to Gemma's arm, a long knife wound trailing from her wrist to her elbow.
"Why?", is all I can say. "It hasn't been twenty four hours yet."
She shrugs, pretending to be completely engrossed in wrapping a bandage around her arm before reaching over, unbuckling the jacket and tossing it aside.
My fingers twitch as I grab the cup, gulping down the metallic tasting red liquid, letting out my breath as the urge lessens.
"Why?", I ask again, stretching my arms, my joints popping as they move. "Why did you do that?"
"To feed you", she says, blinking at me. "It's wrong to cage you up like a dangerous animal when Morona is even worse then you are. Maybe if you have enough, maybe the voice will go away for good."
"Maybe", I reply, unconvinced. "So what now?"
"Well, I'm going to hide the jacket so I can burn it the first chance I get", the young woman answers. "Then we can find a place for you to find an animal to kill so you don't hurt anyone here."
I think about it for a moment, then nod.
"I've never had animal blood before", I say thoughtfully, nodding my head. "Get me a knife and then we can go."
---------------
"What in the name of hell were you two thinking?!"
Morona looms over me and Gemma, holding my blood covered knife in her right hand, pacing back and forth. "Someone could have seen you!", she hisses, stopping in front of me. "Walking inside the house covered in animal blood might lead Jake and the FBI right to us!"
"Treating me like an animal won't fix me!", I yell back. "It's impossible, and I like who I am now. We're supposed to be partners!"
Her face darkens. "Then I guess you'll have to be my prisoner now."
My mouth drops open in shock. "What?", I ask, not quite sure that I heard the woman correctly. I stand up, clenching my hands into fists.
"I said, that I guess you'll have to be my prisoner."
I raise my eyebrow and reply, "Morona, I don't think this is how it's supposed to work."
Morona inhales and exhaled, staring into my eyes evenly, both of us still while Gemma watches from the floor.
"What will Noah think?", I ask after a moment. "Where is he, now that I think about it?"
"Out getting groceries and a couple cell phones", she says. "And he doesn't have a say this time. You can do as I say, and you won't get hurt."
"Fuck you", I snap.
"No thanks. You ain't my type. Now, come on."
I remain frozen, narrowing my eyes into slits. "Not going to happen, Morona."
"Fine then." The woman sighs, and the next thing I know, her fist collides with my nose and I stumble backwards as a small stream of blood trickles down.
Morona grabs my wrist and whirls me around, the blade of the knife pressed against my throat and her free arm trapping my arms to my sides.
"Come along now", she growls into my ear as she drags me backwards. "Or I will kill you."
Do it, the voice begs in my mind. I want to be art forever.
--------
Extremely short chapter, and for that I am sorry. Please keep reading, and I will be very grateful.
Don't forget to vote and comment; it really makes me happy.
- Elise