On the plus side I got to hang out with Gabby more, I smiled as I looked at her perfect freckly face and rosy lips, the way her red hair fell over her shoulders in gentle waves. I loved everything about this girl. The way her face illuminated every time she smiled the way she laughed and giggled and shrieked when she was happy. I loved how quiet and timid she was but as soon as she shifted she was a deadly force, I loved the way her nose scrunched up when she was thinking and how she twirled her hair around her fingers when she was nervous, I’d loved her since the first second I’d seen her but never said anything just thinking it was some young crush. How wrong I was, as the years moved on and the more we hung out the closer we got I couldn’t deny it any more. the pull wasn’t as strong as Milo and Abby with them both being block furs and with her being a Grace and an Alpha but I knew on my first shift she was mine for definite and again I didn’t tell anyone I don’t know why I really don’t, I wasn’t embarrassed by her, I mean come on she’s beautiful and strong and how she fights and trains is unbelievable she is like a freight train but I just wasn’t ready to settle down I liked being able to do what I wanted when I wanted.

Milo was the same I wanted us to be like we always have and not let anything get in the way, so I didn’t even tell him, my twin, my brother my best friend and It had been eating away at me for years.

I slept with so many girls to try and get over her, nothing worked every time I would hook up with another girl all i would see was her face that perfect face and those emerald green eyes under those long red lashes that seemed to go on forever. Then at school and pack meetings when I saw her and hung out I felt so unbelievably guilty. It should be her not those other skanks I should have just been honest with her but I never could so I treated her like one of the guys. I took the piss and raced her on track and fought her in training. I never once asked if she felt it too and she never spoke to me about it. Well she wouldn’t she was so shy bless her.

That all changed when Abby walked into our lives, seeing how happy she made my brother made me realise it didn’t have to be one or the other I could have both. Gabby took to her so well which is amazing for her she had no other girlfriends they all seemed to hate her because she was so close to all us ‘popular’ guys.

That’s when it happened I couldn’t keep it anymore it’s like something had snapped in me I had to tell her I had to make my move especially after she took those wolves down in the clearing with Milo on the night Abby nearly killed me. Just leaving her fighting tore me in two but I knew she was the best one there then seeing Abby’s reaction to leaving Milo made my mind up. I wanted what those two had. I needed to be with her, to protect her I needed to make her mine

“Dan” she shouted snapping me out of my daydream making me flick my head back towards her

“Mmm what?” I asked confused just staring at her getting lost in her in her sparkling eyes, had she been talking to me?

“Were you even listening to me” she smirked tapping her foot with her hands on her hips

“Erm no sorry Gabs I was thinking about Abby” I half admitted

“I know how bad are those wounds and Jesus Christ she’s got big” she said her eyes wide and shocked

“Yeah she has got twins in there Gabby” I laughed earning a slap to my shoulder making me quiver, even just a slight touch from her had me a quivering wreck which is why up until recently I had avoided such contact, but no longer. I wasn’t going to waste any more time. These last few weeks had proved life is for living not what ifs

“I know that, I just didn’t realise she would get so big so fast” she said interrupting my thoughts

“Yeah I don’t think anyone did, that’s what happens with babies with alpha blood flowing through them, they grow quickly and anything can happen” I smiled draping my arm around her making her blush a sweet shade of red