Chapter 35

The diner was empty, meaning that the others must have gone even though patrolling wasn't going to start until the next two hours. Gerard took me into his room and he shut the door. He grabbed my waist and started kissing me passionately. We ended up falling on his bed and he started to kiss my neck, leaving bruises and marks. I let out soft moans as Gerard's lips started tracing down my throat.

I tugged on Gerard's jacket, which he unzipped and threw across the room. He proceeded to take off his shirt as I took off my jacket. We both threw off our shoes and Gerard helped me out of my shirt and we started kissing again. Our tongues dance in a fiery passion and Gerard put his hands on my pants, tugging them down-

Ding..

The diner bell softly rang. "Shit." Gerard muttered. He got off me and we put our clothes back on and went to see what was happening.

The boys were and Grace back and were dusting themselves off. "What happened." Gerard said.

"Well, apparently there are more Dracs then expected, so now patrolling in the afternoons will be two hours earlier." Ray said.

"So we have to go now?" I asked.

"Yup." Frank said. "Don't forget your mask." Out of nowhere, Frank pulled out a Frankenstein masked and put it on. Of course. Frank. Frankenstein. Just...of course.

So Gerard and I both put on our masks which only covered our eyes. We didn't have cool helmets like Mikey or Ray or masks that covered our faces like Frank's. Gerard and I started off at Zone 6, since that is where we live. Despite our romance and what was happening earlier, we took our jobs seriously. We were split up and killed any Dracs that were in sight.

As I walked around, I suddenly started thing back to the Idiotic Killjoys. Adrenaline being a great leader and teaching us battle strategies, Nightmare making jokes with me and laughing, Wild and Silver arguing but end up hugging it out in the end, Rose -Lindsey- teaching Bandit how to defend herself. Bandit...god, I hope she'll be okay. She's so young and one of the last of us. She has to make it...

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt an arm around my neck. I struggled but whoever was holding me was stronger. I tried to look behind me to see who it was, but I only saw a bald guy with an evil glint in his eye. Wait...hold the phone...evil bald guy...Korse! This motherfucker is Korse! God damn it, why is it now that I'm face to face with him. Or back to face. Face to back? Whatever.

"I want you to listen real close to me, Neon Lightning." He growled in my ear. "I tried to kill you and your stupid friends. But my real target was you. I've tried over and over to kill you but you always seem to keep coming out alive, so you know what? How about we make things a bit easier? You can die, and let everyone else live but end up under my control, or you can live and see everyone you love die. Including Party Poison."

"I will never make that decision." I growled. "Why do you specifically want me dead anyway?"

Korse laughed. "You don't recognize me, do you? I guess it's hard to tell since we're all grown up, but remember the boy at the garden. The one from third grade?"

"What...?" I said confused, but as I racked my memory thing started to become more clear. "That...that was you!"

Korse laughed coldly. "That's right. That was me."