Chapter 10

The next few chapters will be about Neon Lightning's past, so brace yourself.

Let me back up. I had an amazing group, but I only had one other friend aside from Dusty Rose and Bandit. Her name was Alchemic Nightmare. She was pretty with her purple hair complimenting her brown eyes. Sure she was the last one to join The Idiotic Killjoys, but I wasn't close with other people unlike Rose, who was close with everybody.

I had decided to introduce myself. One night, it was her first night shift, so I had to explain how it worked. This was a perfect time to introduce myself. "Hi. I'm Neon Lightning. What your name?"

She looked away from me while saying "Alchemic Nightmare" in a barely audible voice.

"I'm sorry, did you say 'Alchemic Nightmare'?"

She nodded, not saying anything else.

I grinned. "That's a nice name."

"Thanks." She said. Once again, I barely heard her.

I laughed. "Come on! You don't have to be shy with me. We're family now."

And for the first time, Nightmare looked me in the eyes. "Ok, but just so you know, I'm known to be kind of an ass once you get to really know me."

I stared at her. "Um, okay. Anything else I should know about you?"

She thought for a little bit until she said "I'm loyal and serious when I'm needed to be."

"I'm, sorry. I should have been showing you what to do on your night shift." I apologized.

Nightmare crooked me a smile. "It's alright. Sometimes it's nice to know people."

I smiled. "Same. My first best friend was Dusty Rose, the one with the black hair and brown eyes, is my only friend because she's friends with everyone here. Then her daughter, Bandit, became my friend."

I had finally got to teach Nightmare what to do during a night shift and settled for the night. "Hey, Neon." Nightmare called before I could shut my eyes.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"You're going to introduce me to the other killjoys, right?"

I smiled. "Of course." Then I fell in a dreamless sleep.

Thank you @_Black-Wolf_ for Alchemic Nightmare