Chapter 13

Lauren held onto Camila as tightly as she could, trying her hardest not to let her fall. When she regained her balance, she set the older girl back on her feet.

She straightened out her bow and smoothed out the creases of her outfit. She kept her gaze on the ground, refusing to look the other girl in the eye.

"Wow..." She was slightly out of breath when she spoke. "You okay?"

"I um..." she glanced up at the ladder, and then down at the pool where she would've fallen if Lauren had let her. "Yeah."

"Are you sure? Because you look kind of-" Suddenly, Camila's arms were wrapped around her neck and she was holding her tight. She was shaking, and Lauren wasn't sure what to do for a minute. But after a few seconds, she hugged her back, wrapping her arms around her slim waist. And at that moment, Camila was no longer intimidating. She was just a regular girl who had regular feelings. And as Lauren breathed in the fruity scent of her soft hair, she didn't really hate her anymore.

"I'm sorry..." The smaller girl said when she pulled away. "I was just...scared..."

"That's okay." Lauren smiled sincerely at her and she grinned back.

"MILA PEOPLE ARE HERE!" Normani yelled from inside the house.

"COMING!" She screamed back. She directed her gaze to the lights. There were only four streamers on the wire. It looked so pathetic that Camila actually laughed.

"I'll take them down." The younger girl told her.

"Okay."

She nodded and watched her as she walked into the house.

"Uh, Lauren?"

"Yeah?"

"Try not to fall. Its a long way down." She winked and the other girl laughed.

"I'll make sure to remember that."

~

Let me here you say hey Mrs. Carter

The entire house erupted into cheers as the first few notes of Beyonce's Partition blasted through the speakers.

"HEY MRS. CARTER!" Demi shouted, throwing her cup into the air.

Selena and Ariana burst out laughing. "SAY HEEEYYY MRS. CARTER!"

"HEEYY MRS. CARTER!"

They all turned to face each other, waiting for the beat drop to yell: "GIMME SOME!"

The bass shook the entire house and from Ally's point of view, it looked like everyone got electrocuted at the same time. Only half the people were dancing on beat, and they were just moving their hips. Normani was one of them. She was laughing and moving across the floor with Camila and Dinah.

See me up in the club with 50-leven girls

Posted in the back diamond fangs in my grill

Her eyes were closed as she threw her hands in the air and effortlessly twirled through the crowd. She almost looked inhumanly perfect. Her smile was huge and bright, and she ignored every bit of attention she was attracting.

Brooklyn brim with my eyes sittin' low

Every boy in here with me got that smoke

"ALLY?" Demi shouted over the music. The smaller girl jumped in surprise before turning around to face her. "YOU OKAY?" She nodded. "THEN DANCE!" She laughed, grabbing her hand and spinning her around.

And every girl in here gotta look me up and down

All on Instagram, cake by the pound