Dinner

We get back to the tree house a little bit before sunset but upon arrival we realize Marshall and Cake aren't back yet. Lord Monochromacorn greets us in the entry hall, tapping out something I didn't understand, I don't get why he tries really. I just nod in his direction and he flies off to a different part of the house.

"I might as well start a dinner, or something." I open the cupboards, searching for sustenance, "I'm feeling like spaghetti, does that sound fine?" I ask Simone who's made herself comfortable on the couch.

She smiles in my direction, "Whatever you want, dear." she insists. She leans back and spots BMO playing with a fork and a sock in the corner of the room, "That's BMO, isn't it?" she asks.

I turn on the flame to heat up some water for the noodles, "Uh yeah." I confirm, now taking the sauce out of the fridge.

She seems to hesitate for a moment, "May... may I play with him?" she asks nervously.

I glance over at BMO and shrug, "Ask him yourself. BMO!" I call him over and direct him to Simone, "Simone wants to ask you something." I prompt for her.

Simone clears her throat and lifts herself off the couch to crouch on the floor next to BMO, "BMO, I just wanted to ask if I could play a game on you, may I?"

BMO looks from her to me and back. "Of course, Sim-one. It is so nice of you to ask." BMO climbs up onto the couch and does a little dance. "Let's play video-games!" He chants excitedly, "What do you want to-play?" Simone settles back on the seat and BMO hands her a controller.

I'm then started by the sizzle of water; looking over to my pot and seeing the water has started to bubble out over the rim. I frantically turn down the heat and dump the spaghetti into the pot, a splash of boiling water barely missing me. I grab a big fork and start poking the noodles around the pot, simultaneously pouring the sauce into another pot and starting up another flame for it. After everything is settled to boil or heat without my attention, I look over to Simone, quietly enjoying herself with BMO. "What cha playin'?" I walk over to look at the screen and see she's playing a racing game. "You're pretty good; did you play games when you were younger?" I wonder.

She crosses the finish line in 5th place and looks up at me, "When I was a kid I did. My dad always bought the latest consoles and I would watch him play and play with him sometimes." she laughs, "He got me this thing called a 3DS and I was just about joined at the hip with it, never let it out of my sight. Of course it wasn't as cute as BMO here." she admits, causing BMO to let out a giggle.

She laughs along but then looks off thoughtfully, "I eventually grew out of it, became a scientist, an archeologist. And, well, here we are now," just then Marshall and Cake come in the door, "and I wouldn't have it any other way." she says, looking in Marshall's direction.

Confusion instantly comes across his face, "What are you guys talking about? Are you swapping embarrassing stories about me?" he jokes then inhales deeply, "Something smells good," he comments.

"Oh!" I do a skip and a hop back to the stove top and pick up on my poking of the noodles and stir the sauce. "Almost forgot." I laugh nervously, "So spaghetti?"

Cake jumps onto my shoulder, "MmmMmm, oh yeah, I can go for some of that; I'm starvinggg." she whines, "Movin' rocks ALL day, only to sift through the crumbled bits of your house." she stops and then back tracks, "Sorry." she apologizes, hopping down off my shoulder.

Marshall scoffs from behind me, "We found some of our stuff, it wasn't totally a waste of time." he goes back outside and drags in a lopsided bundle. He lets it open in the middle of the floor. Most of it is just scraps of things; their only use now is for memories; a bit of the headboard of the bed, a bit of a kitchen chair, and the bent remains of Marshall's ax.

"Aw, dude," I pick up the snapped neck of the bass, "I'm so sorry."

He waves it off but I can tell he's at least a tad upset, "Ppfft, its, it's nothing really, I can always get a replacement at that... that one store." he starts strong but becomes more distant with each word.

I put the neck back down on the pile, "Yeah, we'll get the best one there is, don't worry." I reassure him, rubbing his shoulder in attempt to soothe.

He catches himself and straightens himself, "Anyway, any luck on the house hunting?" he switches the subject away from him, even covering the pile back up into the original bundle.

I let the subject drop. "Yeah, I mean, if you're fine with building some tree houses." I hint obviously.

His face lights up significantly, "Sounds fine, you should show me in the morning or something and we can get planning."

"Yeah, yeah, we'll talk about this later, I need to eat now." Cake exclaims behind me. I look back and see that she had finished dinner and was already eating at the table, scarfing down a ball of spaghetti.

I give her a look, "Remind me to help you on your patience skills. Time to eat I guess; Simone!" I call over to her.

She pats BMO on the head and comes over to the table, "Oh it looks wonderful!" She comments as I place a plate down in front of her.

"Hon!" Cake yells harshly in no particular direction, "Come eat dinner, babe!" Lord swirls down the hall and taps something into the floor as he enters. "Yes, Fionna made it." Cake replies and he taps something else, "Oh," she turns towards me, "he wanted to say thanks and it looks great." She says sweetly before digging back into her food.

"Thanks Lord. Come on over here, I've got a plate for you." He floats over to the setting, nods in my direction and begins to eat.

We all started to eat, together; somehow this event was boggling my mind.

It was normal. The most normal thing to happen in my life in what feels like forever. So I went with it, and let myself have a 'normal' night, (Well as normal as things get around here) because I know it won't last long.

((FEATURED WRITER: "CalistaGarrard" aka: "the cat", she sounds like a great person and is goin' places, i can tell. she has an AT story and tons of others. Go check 'em out!

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: fandoms! list all your fandoms! wait, that's not a question... What are your main fandoms!? thats better. mine are adventure time, doctor who, sherlock, harry potter, HG, avengers, and a ton others, but then that defeats the purpose of the word "main", doesnt it? anyway, tell me your fandoms! btw, i approve of so many of the movies you guys listed last week, you're a good group :) with great taste in movies.  ttyns [talk to you next sunday] ))