Planning

Early the next morning I guide Marshall as he flies me back to the spot Simone and I had picked out.

Dropping down through the canopy, we gently touchdown in about the same place as we were yesterday. "Well, what do you think?" I ask while I brush a leaf off my shoulder.

He floats among the branches, tilting up his sun hat ever so slightly to look further into the distance. "Well it sure is secluded." he remarks against the gentle rustling of leaves above us. He walks along a branch, seeming to take it all in. Upon reaching the end, he suddenly dives off head first, scoops me up in his arms and flies us over to another branch where he sets me on his lap. "It's perfect!" he exclaims before planting a kiss on the corner of my mouth.

I shift my own mouth under his, taking in the full strength of his kiss and everything that came with it: life starting over, new beginnings, and the promise of a sound future.

"It's perfect" he whispers again between kisses, pulling me closer under his hat.

"Yeah, it looks great, Fionna!"

I inhale sharply in surprise, almost falling off Marshall's lap and to the ground if it wasn't for Marshall's quick snatch around my waist to steady me. "CAKE!" I yell loudly into the air, I swear, making even a few birds fly away.

"What? You knew we were right behind you." she points out as she emerges from the trees behind us with Simone on her back.

"But you didn't have to scare the living daylights out of us." I complain, but then catch onto Marshall's calmness. I turn to him, realizing, "You could hear them coming, couldn't you?" I accuse, knowing it's true.

He smirks and shows off his crooked smile, "Yeahh, a bit." I scoff and attempt to scoot off his lap, but he captures me. "But that doesn't mean I didn't love every moment of it." he pulls me back to him and traces gentle kisses along my neck.

"Guys! Simone is right here! Have some respect," Cake nags below us.

I look down and see Simone pet Cake's head in appreciation, "Oh, they're just kids, let them have their fun." she then slides off Cake's back with a soft thud, "Join us when you're ready." she calls up to us and guides Cake away back into the trees.

"See no harm done." he whispers in my ear.

But I just stick my tongue out playfully at him before leaping from the tree, leaving him a tad cross on the tree branch as I skip after Cake and Simone.

After an afternoon of sketching out a few diagrams of how the tree house should look, we decide to get started right away.

"Aaalright," I roll up the plans and slide them into my pack, "a quick trip to the Woodland Kingdom and I think we can get a pretty big portion of the tree house done, the people there owe me a favor."

Simone moans slightly as she lays on Cake's back, "You guys go on, I'm done for the day." she bends down to look at Cake, "Can you take me home?"

She nods, "Sure thing, Miss Simone. I was gettin tired too anyway. You two go on, we'll see you at home." And with that she trots off with Simone towards home.

Marshall stretches out with a sigh, "Okay, let's get goin, come over here." he opens up his arms to carry me so we can fly off.

I consider this for a moment, "Nah, I feel like walking." I declare, starting off towards the Woodland Kingdom.

He catches up and floats along beside me, "Very well." he lands and takes my hand in his as we walk along.

We break through the tree line in good time, but then Marshall remarks, "I'm glad Simone decided to live nearby."

I smile to myself, "Yep, only a few trees away." I say, pleased it all worked out between them.

"Yeah," he drifts off, possibly things were coming together for him too.

"What's going on over there?" my eyes drifting over to a scream from, where else, the Candy Kingdom.

Marshall tugs on my hand a tad, "They're fine, I'm sure." he insists, then mumbling something about knowing we shouldn't have gone this way.

"But, but someone sounds in trouble." an anxious feeling building inside me.

"That's why they have the banana guards." he says but I can tell he immediately regrets making that horrible point.

So I break off running. But Marshall easily catches up, floating alongside me, "I'm coming too."

"You can't show your face- in there." I pant a bit as I near the threshold.

I catch his smirk, "You wont even know I'm there." and he fades away into the air. I roll my eyes and keep pressing on.

I skid into the kingdom, searching for the source of the scream. Keeping my ears open, I hear a crash within the town and make a bee line for the source. Rounding the corner I see the banana guards carrying Candy Cane Guy away. "Hey!" I run in front of them, "What's wrong here?" I question.

The three guards all look at each other then back at me, "Uh, Candy Cane Guy robbed the market store."

"No I didn't!!!" he exclaims, "Fionna! You have to believe me!"

With a single look at his eyes, I could see he was telling the truth. "Boys, I think you've got the wrong guy. Do you have evidence?" I ask slowly, knowing how they are.

They look at each other again, "We have orders from Gumball." they state and push right past me, making me lose my balance but I'm caught by invisible hands and set right.

"Fionna, just drop it," Marshall cautions, an invisible hand caught around my wrist.

I know I should just leave it... "But I can't." and I make a break for the castle.

((FEATURED WRITER: 'Pine123'!, just started her own Fiolee and could use the support :) they sound really sweet and deserve you guys' love :)

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What are your hobbies??? and i dont mean reading fandoms and other fandom related stuff. for example: My hobbies are writing, playing the violin, reading, listening to music, and drawing. tell me what you like to do! do you play sports, instruments? please comment below and i will ttyns! ))