Twenty Five (FINAL)

(___)= Name

*

I steadied my breathing as best as I could, putting pressure on my stomach despite the pain. Blood stained my hands and shirt and I looked around again. I needed Ethan.

Hearing footsteps, I perked up. Sean walked through the hallway calmly. He noticed Felix, then Marzia. Sean's expression didn't change, he seemed to not care at all.

"This was real fun, you know."

"What?" I said, making a disgusted face at the man I hated so much.

"Hunting you down, killing your friends, torturing you. I like this game of cat and mouse, (___). But, this has been going on for quite a while. I suppose we should end this game." Sean walked closer to me, his knife held tightly in his hand.

He grabbed my jaw forcefully, digging his nails into my skin. I squirmed and clawed at his hand. It was hard to fight back due to how much blood I had lost. I felt so weak.

I felt the knife slowly enter my skin once again, but this time straight down. This time it wasn't just to hurt me, but to kill me.

Sean tilted his head, clicking his tongue. "Oh, does that hurt?" He removed the knife then stabbed me somewhere else, making me wince. "Good."

At this point, I could barley feel anything. My vision went black at the corners, my eyes wanting so badly to water. I clenched my hands tightly, looking directly at Sean.

He was staring at me with the most horrifying smile. He knew I was slowly dying, exactly what he wanted. Suddenly, Sean looked down. He brought his hand to his chest, looking straight ahead.

I leaned my head back, seeing Ethan standing a few feet behind Sean. Ethan had shot him. I hadn't heard the gun go off. Ethan walked forward, knowing he had shot Sean.

"Here's what I wanted...to shoot you again. But this time, I won't make the same mistake."

Sean rolled over, looking at Ethan. "Too little, too late."

Sean signalled to me. I grabbed my stomach, not wanting Ethan to see. Ethan didn't flinch at all, he just stared straight at Sean with empty eyes.

"What was it you said?" Ethan raised an eyebrow, looking down at Sean. "Revenge is real fucking sweet?"

Sean laughed, staring down Ethan's gun. "Well played."

With that, Ethan pulled the trigger. Sean's body went limp. Ethan stared at Sean's lifeless body for a moment, then dropped the gun. He looked at me, running to my side.

"Come on, we should go." Ethan said calmly.

I nodded. Ethan picked me up bridal style, causing me to whimper from the cuts on my stomach. The two of us looked around the room one last time, then, Ethan carried me outside.

*

It seemed like we had only been walking for minutes before I could barley keep my head up. "Ethan."

Ethan stopped walking, knowing what was wrong. "We'll find something t-"

"Ethan." I repeated, sternly this time.

Biting his lip, Ethan got on one knee, placing me on the ground. All I could focus on was him, everything else seemed blurry. "You're okay....you're going to be fine."

"I'm not." I told told him, rolling up my shirt and wincing at the amount of blood that was covering me.

"Fuck." Ethan let out, closing his eyes tightly. "Why didn't I do anything?"

"You would have gotten shot."

"I'd rather it be me than you."

I was feeling cold now, I had before, but at this point I was freezing. Everything was sore. "Same here."

Ethan noticed my pained expression, forming a straight line with his lips. I slowly lifted my unsteady arm, running my fingers along Ethan's bruised cheek. He wrapped his fingers around my hand, holding my hand tightly.

"I can't loose you too." His voice cracked as the words escaped his mouth.

I could feel the life slowly leaving me. It wasn't like before. When Sean's hand were wrapped around my neck, I felt no pain in leaving. But now, the pain of leaving Ethan was the worst thing imaginable.

Ethan was sobbing loudly. I remembered my dream, Ethan getting stabbed, Sean calmly leaving, Ethan saying everything would be fine, my sobs the only sound. We had switched roles. Instead of Ethan bleeding out, it was me.

"Here," I pulled my knife out of my back pocket, running my thumb over the letters I had carved. (_) + E. I gave it to Ethan, which as much of a smile as I could manage. "I really want you to have this with you."

"I never said it, but," I could barley breath at this point. Ethan pulled my body close to him, whispering. "I love you."

With that, everything faded away. Ethan was all I could think of.

*

There we go! The end! The epilogue will be up by the time you're done reading this!

Please vote and comment!