Five

(___)= Name

*

I was alone. An empty road was all that I saw in front of me, behind me. I turned my head, noticing the missing presence.

"Ethan, where did you go?" I asked.

Squinting my eyes, I looked down the road in search of the boy.

"(___)!"

My eyes widened, hearing Ethan's familiar voice echo around me. I quickly turned my head in the direction, now seeing a building. It was nothing special. Just a plain, concrete, one story, building.

I slowly shuffled my feet, heading towards the building. Hesitantly, I pushed the door open.

"Ethan? Where are you?" I said, closing the door behind me as quietly as I could.

It took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. When they did, I saw a few bodies lying on the floor. I made my way through the building as quickly as I could. Further back, I could see some light. A window? How strange in a place like this.

Blinking, I noticed two moving bodies. I noticed it looked like they were fighting and went to grab my knife, scoffing when it wasn't in my pocket. Turning my head back to the two figures, I bit my lip, heading towards them.

The light from the single window lit up both their faces. My heart sped up when I saw who I had been looking for.

"Ethan!"

The blue haired boys head turned quickly when he heard my voice. His eyes flashed with a glimmer of hope when he saw me, an adorable smile covering his lips. Suddenly his eyes widended, the smile immediately vanishing.

Ethan took in a deep breath, slowly looking down. My eyes followed Ethan's, noticing a knife near his ribcage. I gasped, looking up to see Sean's arm extended, the knife held tightly in his fingers.

As if nothing had just happened Sean walked away, leaving Ethan and I. I looked back to Ethan who already looked pale and tired. I ran to Ethan, him losing his balance and falling into my arms.

"Well...shit." Ethan chuckled, noticing the blood that now stained his hands.

Tears were now running down my face. "Ethan, I'm so sorry."

I pulled Ethan close to me, not caring if his blood was now getting on my shirt. His arms slowly lifted, his hands placing on my back

"Hey...hey it's okay." He whispered in my ear.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, immediately bursting into a sob. "Thi-this is all m-my fault."

Ethan gave me a small smile, placing his hand on my cheek. I placed my hand on his, closing my eyes. The only sounds were my sobs and Ethan's calm breathing.

"(___)," Ethan whispered. I opened my eyes, meeting his now gray ones. Suddenly his breathing grew heavy as if he was struggling to stay alive.   "I...think....I...."

He opened his mouth to finish what he was saying, but instead took in one last breath. His final breath.

"Ethan?" I muttered, shaking him. "Ethan please."

I hugged Ethan tightly, my sobs echoing through the building. Ethan was de-

I woke up with a gasp. It was just a nightmare...it wasn't real. I slowed my breathing, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"You okay?"

I turned my head, seeing Ethan with a concerned expression on his face. Rubbing my eyes, I could feel tears on my cheeks. I had been crying.

Slowly, I nodded. "I think so. Just had a bad dream."

Ethan licked his lips. "You don't look okay. You wanna talk about it?"

I stared ahead into the darkness. Seeing Sean in my nightmare was pretty unsettling. "Can we walk as we talk about it? I really don't want to stay here."

"Okay." Ethan mumbled, pushing himself up. He held out his hand and helped me up.

I grabbed Ethan's old backpack, him grabbing the bag of food.

*

"So that crazy guy from before killed me?" Ethan drawled, looking horrified.

I nodded. "I'm just so glad it was just a dream." Looking forward, I saw the sun rising.

I stopped walking, admiring the view. Ethan stopped too, the two of us watching the sun slowly rise over the horizon. From the corner of my eye I saw Ethan examine me. I turned, looking at Ethan and smiling. He blushed lightly, placing his hand in mine.

I looked away, my face heating up. "We should...get going."

"Yeah." Ethan agreed "We should."

*

Kind of a filler chapter whoops sorry.

Please don't be a silent reader, be sure to vote and comment!