Twelve

(___)= Name
(E/c)= Eye Color
(H/c)= Hair Color

*

I stood in the shower, allowing the water to hit my back. It was strange that something that was done everyday could feel so amazing. I wanted to stay in this tiled room forever, doing nothing but letting the water cleanse me. The rain was one thing. But when I could be alone with the feeling of being clean, it was the best.

When my fingers started to get wrinkled, I shut the water off, and pulled the curtain open. I leaned forward, making sure the shower room was empty. Good thing I had gotten up so early.

Stepping forward, I wrapped the towel around my body. I lifted my head, seeing a mirror a few feet over. Curiously, I took a few steps and examined it.

(E/c) eyes stared back at me, dripping wet (h/c) hair darkened due to the water. I couldn't help but stare at myself, wondering why Ethan would ever have interest in me. Noticing some bruises on my neck, I made a straight line with my lips. I lifted my hand to the marks, lightly running my fingers over them.

I rememberd everything that happened that day. It was still scaring to think how close I was to death. Sean slamming me against the wall, gasping for air, my vision fading away, the weakness I felt in those moments, Ethan shooting Sean. Ethan was the only reason I was still alive.

Someone knocked on the door to the shower room. "Is anyone in here?"

I couldn't respond, my brain seemed to not be processing anything. The door opened, revealing Ethan. His eyes widened when he saw me, his cheeks going bright red.

Ethan stuttered, his words coming slowly. "(___)! Oh my god, I am so sorry! I can come back later if y-"

"I would be dead if it weren't for you."

Ethan's expression completely changed. "What?"

I looked at him from the mirror, pointing to the bruises on my neck. "If you didn't shoot Sean, I would have died."

"Where did all of this come from?" Ethan asked, looking flustered.

"Shower thoughts." I chuckled, fully turning around to look at Ethan. "Speaking of which, why are you in here?"

"You weren't next to me when I woke up. I was looking for you then saw signs saying there were showers." Ethan explained.

I smiled. "Aw, were you lonely without me?"

"Maybe a little." Ethan admitted, walking closer to me.

Adjusting the towel that was wrapped around my body, I gave Ethan a skeptical expression.

"Okay, a lot." Ethan placed his hands on either side of my head, lowering his head to mine.

I pressed my hand against his lips, shaking my head. "You smell awful. Shower, then I'll kiss you."

Ethan pouted, lifting his arm to smell himself. "What do you mean? I smell fin- Oh...oh yeah, you're right."

Ethan pulled his shirt off, winking at me. I blushed, rolling my eyes playfully. "Okay, I get it. You're hot."

Laughing, he walked into the shower, throwing his clothes over the metal bar. A few seconds later, the water turned on and Ethan peeked his head out from behind the curtain. "Care to join me?"

I glared at Ethan. "Ethan."

"I thought we could have some sexy shower time." Ethan frowned, but pulled his head back into the shower.

*

"Aw, you got dressed!" Ethan let out as soon as he stepped out of the shower. He zipped his pants, throwing his towel over his shoulder.