PROLOGUE

***READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ THE BOOK.*** (it gets better in the chapters)

I never really understood things I didn't have to. I didn't grasp the concept of Pythagorean theory in math, I didn't understand the need to read Charles Dickens in English and certainly didn't understand why I needed to play sports in gym that I know I would never do. I never learned how to change a tire, and to this day I still don't know how to swim quite well either. But perhaps the most important thing I never understood was love. I mean yeah, I know you're supposed to meet someone and then after that

you're set for life. But, since I've lived my life without any consistency of love, I didn't need to know it, so I never learned it.

My family split when I was two which sucked because there was an age gap of five years between the last prior youngest sibling and I, her name is Ronnie. It just sucks because I never knew what my family was like when we didn't have to segregate the family by my mom's last name and my dad's last name. My mom's last name is Baile and my dad's last name is Milton. So, my name is Sophie Milton Baile.

I know you're not supposed to remember anything prior to the age of five but one prominent memory is when my Dad and my Mom announced their divorcement, I was only two. Since then I haven't been the same, and I've never told anyone that story. I wo-. I can't, maybe someday someone will hear it but I can't.

I'm not stunning but then again I'm not hideous I guess you could say, nor am I conceited by any means. My self confidence is lower than how much I actually care for my being, which is really isn't anything. I have long black, ombred naturally curly hair. I'm not even that tall either I'm around five foot but a few more inches. Every time I go to the doctors for a well check they only ever tell me my height in inches, and since I don't really need to know how tall I am, I don't know. I was born with naturally straight teeth, which I'm actually quite proud of. But I always think my nose is too big, and my eyes, are big and dark brown. I personally think my body takes up too much space, but some beg to differ. Told you, I'm always conflicting in my mind.

Nevertheless I have tan skin and that's all I need to really do to describe what I look like. I have this peculiar talent where I can remember exact dates and times and where I was and what happened for moments in my life that effected me greatly. Not even greatly, what I find important I find a way for it to engrave in my brain forever. I remember the day my parents announced the divorcement was November 9th, 1999. I guess that's all the prior things you really need to know.

The purpose of this book is to tell you how my life changed forever. Without any want of it to, it did. I didn't know what would happen, I didn't know who I'd lose, I didn't know it would bring me the most joy than I ever received and the most devastating blow that I would ever get hit by.