// CHAPTER XLV //

SAMMY's POV
"Baby, what time is it?"
She groggily opens her eyes and clicks the button on her phone, I can tell the brightness is too high for her tired eyes and she squints and quickly turns the brightness down.
"It's like almost one in the goddamn morning."
"Fuuuuck - should we head back?"
She sighs, "I don't want to, but I know we should."
"Okay, okay let's get up."
"Okay."
We lay still.
"Baby, you know damn well my ass isn't getting up unless you get up." I say laughing.
"I know, I know but, fuck, Sammy I'm so comfortable."
"Okay, hold on."
I reluctantly get up, I use my phone to find my shirt, shoes, my jeans, and I start to dress myself.
"Wait-"
"What's wrong?" I look at Sophie, her eyes widen.
"I hear something..."
"Babe, quit playing." I smile.
"No, listen."
I listen and hear footsteps coming from the entrance to the cave.
I shove my phone in my pocket and quickly pick up Soph's things and pull her behind the rocks to see who's here.
"We need to be quiet." I say whispering into her ear. She nods in return.
The footsteps quicken, and I hear an echo. For some reason it sounds familiar.
"Babe, I'm going to see who it is."
Her eyes become full with fear and I reassure her with a kiss and she reluctantly lets go of my arm. I slowly start to get up and hear someone yell my name.
"SAM?!"
I look over and I'm relieved.
"JOHNSON?!" I laugh.
He runs over to me. "Bro, no I fucked up."
"What?"
"We need to go back to Sophie's, now."
"Why?"
"Gilinsky, Kiersten, and Nate are back there and Brandon is there too and I left them to get you."
"What the hell?!"
"We need to get back, come on!"
"Do you think they're okay?"
"I dunno man, that's why we have to go!"
"Okay, okay."
I run over to Sophie, and tell her what happened. She looks confused.
"Wait, they're all at my place and Brandon is there too?"
"Yeah, Soph we need to go, we need to help them!"
"Sam, listen to me, why wouldn't Johnson call the police? And, why would Brandon just let him go?"
"Huh?"
"Why the fuck would he not call the police if a potentially dangerous person had his friends basically hostage at his ex girlfriend's house in which he's not allowed to be in?"
"Are you saying you think Johnson is lying?"
"Sammy, listen to me - I know Brandon. I know Johnson and him used to be close. I know we want to think Johnson would never do this but I think this is just a trap to get us to Brandon. I can't do that."
"Soph-"
"Sammy, no. This guy almost killed me, and Johnson was the one who fucking helped him. I can't go, it just doesn't add up."
"Get dressed and then I'll figure it out babe, I won't go and I won't make you go. But we have to help them."
"Okay."
I jog back to Johnson who looks pissed off that Sophie isn't with me.
"Where the hell is she?!"
"Chill, she's getting herself together and then we're going."
"Oh, ok. Why wasn't she already ready?"
"What?"
"What were you guys even doing here?"
"None of your business man."
"Alright then. Tell her to hurry, we need to help them!"
"Johnson, why don't we call the police?"
His face freezes. "W-why? I'm already in trouble I can't have them come."
"No, this would help you. Brandon is there, he's not allowed to be."
"We can't call the police."
"Johnson, we're calling the fucking police."
I start to put my hand in my pocket to get my phone.
I feel him punch me in the side which stops me.
"FUCK!"
"We are not calling the police Sam."
"We have nothing to fucking hide man, unless you do?" I say holding my side.
He starts to shake his head, and to my surprise he smiles.
"Oh Sam, Samuel Wilkinson, the man right? You get all the girls, everyone loves you, you're basically as known as Jack and me even though you have no talent right? You can't rap, we all know that. You just tagged along with Nate, and we all know that shit is going to end the moment he gets a deal and you don't. All you got are your looks, and that's a shame. A real shame."
"Johnson what the-"
I see him pull out a knife.
"Yooooo bro, no, you wouldn't."
"I was going to let Brandon do it, but your smart ass just didn't want to listen to me."
"Jack, stop. This isn't who you are." I say, with my voice shaking.
"That's what people keep saying, and it's funny because I have no goddamn clue who I am anymore."
"What the fuck happened to you?! You were helping me a couple hours ago?!"
"I payed Brandon's bail. He called me up and he reminded me how none of you scumbags were there for me when I needed it most. I needed you guys, and you fucking left."
"That's what this is about? Johnson we were all there for you! You didn't let us in! The moment your Dad passed you shut every fucking one out except Brandon." I try to back up but he just comes closer.
"You could've tried harder." He grits his teeth with anger, I see his hand clench the knife, and I start to think this is it.
You're supposed to see your life flash in this moment right? Why the fuck am I not having that?
"Anything else you want to say, before, y'know..." He laughs.
"Yeah, yeah," I say slowly, "I hope you know your Dad is looking down on you from heaven. He must be crying or something because he knows he'll never see his son again for the rest of eternity since you're going to fucking hell."
"Fuck you!" He yells and lunges towards me.
I close my eyes and brace myself for the pain but nothing happens. I slowly open my eyes after I hear a thud and I see Sophie standing over top of Johnson with a rock in her hand. Johnson is on the ground.
"Soph-"
"I- I knocked him out I just-"
"Sophie oh my fucking god."
She runs into me and I hold her with all my might. I kiss her forehead, her nose, her cheek, over and over again.
"Sophie you fucking saved my life."
"Sammy, as much as I would love to get cuddled right now, our friends are in trouble. Can you call the police?"
I kiss her again and agree.
I make the call and look over Sophie who is checking Johnson's pulse to make sure he's not dead. She looks relieved so I know he's okay.
I get through to the police and they're sending a couple cars to the house and one over to us to pick up Johnson, and take us into safety.
Sophie and I sit patiently on this giant rock the boys and I used to chill out on, and I hold onto her. I'm still shaking and so is she.
"Sophie."
She tilts her head so she's looking at me.
"This is going to sound like the worse time to be like this, but I remember when I was a kid my second grade teacher told me that the most colorful insects were the most venomous ones. That like, even though they have this whole facade to bring you in, and they make you believe they're different, they could still end up being the death of you."
"And?" She says furrowing her eyebrows.
"Looking into Johnson's eyes just now, I realized my second grade teacher was damn right."

POLICE OFFICER's POV
"10-23, arrived at scene." I say onto the radio. I'm the first one at the scene, and the house looks oddly quiet.
"10-0" I hear another police officer say to me over the radio.
"Use caution? No shit." I think to myself.
"10-4" I reply back so they know I'm still here.
Before I get out of the car I open my mirror above me and pull out the photo I stuck in there. It's my beautiful wife, Miranda, and our two kids, Colby and Brett. I rub my thumb over the photo and kiss it before I put it back in place and close it.
I make sure my gun is loaded, and put it in my harness. I slowly get out of my car and close the door. I walk up to the door and the door swings open. "10-94, door open" I say into my radio.
I take my gun out and move in slowly.
"POLICE, COME OUT!"
Nothing happens. I start to walk up the stairs slowly, and repeat myself. Still nothing.
I turn to the left and it's a dead end. But then I see something when in the corner of my eye.
I turn right and see an open door. I slowly approach it and look in.
I grab my radio quickly, "10-52, 10-52!"

(A/N) hey guys!! Sorry I left you guys with another cliff hanger but they're so damn fun to write, maybe some of you will figure it out. But, please keep commenting and voting! It means the world to me. Maybe even tell the story to your friend, ahaha. It's almost been a year since I've posted this and it's insane to know it's gotten more than 320,000 reads! That's insane. Thank you SO much. ❤️
Just out of curiosity, if you guys want. Where are you all from? Comment where below, I wanna know where my readers are from!
Thanks again. Love you all.