// CHAPTER IX //

GILINSKY's POV
"Bro! I found the girl Sam took out tonight!" I yelled to Jack.
Jack rushed over and grabbed my phone to look.
"Bro..."
"I know! What the hell man Sam's shit and she's gorgeous."
"Y-yeah she's gorgeous that's for sure but.."
"But what?" I snapped.
"Jack how did I lose my phone?" he asks.
"Wha-"
"Jack how did I lose my phone?" He repeats.
"You left it at a gas station that night you were driving alone. Why the fuck does this matter?"
"It matters because that's not true. I lied."
"Bro, I fucking hate liars, how the hell did you lose it?"
"Some guy threw it on the street." he said staring blankly.
"What?!"
"I was buzzed as fuck and high and I was walking on the street at 1 a.m and I saw this gorgeous girl crying on the curb and I walked over to ask why a girl like her would be alone as crying at 1 a.m and she told me to leave before 'he' came and I was thinking to myself 'Wow this bitch is crazy.' But then, a car pulled up right after I sat down next to her and realized she had blood on her hand that was clenching her side. I took out my phone to call 911 because I knew, I fucking knew someone stabbed her. But a guy came out of the car and punched me. He told me never to talk to her and to leave it alone. I told him I will not let him hurt her and he took my phone and fucking threw it in the street and it shattered everywhere. I stood there and the girl was screaming begging for me to help and I couldn't. The guy hit her and pulled her back in the car and drove off. I stood there, literally just fucking stood there and saw him slap her so hard she hit the fucking window and screamed for me. I didn't even look at the fucking license plate. It happened so fucking fast, I sobered up within twenty seconds and sat there and cried because she could've fucking died because of me."
"HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW SHES ALIVE WHAT THE FUCK MAN YOU SHOULDVE BEAT HIS ASS!"
"I COULDNT BRO I FUCKING COULDNT IM A TWIG AND HE WAS BUFF. I FUCKED UP. I HAVENT BEEN MYSELF SINCE THEN RIGHT? YOU KNOW ITS TRUE."
I got off my chair and moved closer.
I punched the shit out of his face and he fell back.
"ANSWER ME." he yelled holding his face.
"No you fucking haven't." I said firmly.
"That's because of her. I hear her screaming in my mind all the fucking time. And she was so gorgeous. So gorgeous. Her eyes were bloodshot red but were still big and had a beautiful brown color."
"Bro, what the fuck are you rambling about. Go to the fucking police. You're a fuck up man, can't fucking do this shit." I got my keys and jacket.
"Jack." he shouted.
I stopped walking.
"What the fuck now?"
"That's the girl Sam took out tonight."
"Oh my fucking god."