Mystery

Chapter 16

It's been two weeks and she is still waiting to be found. Strangely, Meera is taking more time than Ira expected.

"Kate?" Someone called her, pulling her out from her chain of thoughts.

"Over here!" She called.

"Can you come here for a second?" She rolled her eyes and ran down near the jet ski area.

"Yup" She replied.

"Oh, hey. This came in for you today." He gave her a box.

She frowned and took the box from him. "Thanks."

On the box only her name was mentioned in bold letters, with an envelope attached to it. She searched but the sender's name was no where to be found.
"Amazing! Well let's see what do you have to say mystery letter." Just when she was about to open the letter, she heard her boss calling for her​ again.
"God!  What does he want from me?" She hissed and slowly walked towards him.

"Yes, Josh?" she smiled politely.

"Ms. Ira Kapoor?" A man said, and she turned towards him.
He was no ordinary man. He was an Indian police officer.
Along with him she saw a lady Indian police officer and to her surprise a male and a female french cops were all together glaring towards her.

"No.. No she is not Ira. Her name is Katherine--"

"Can you excuse us for a moment?" Ira smiled towards him but he didn't bulge. "Please." She added clutching her teeth.

He kept his hand on her shoulder and lightly whispered in her ear. "You don't need to be afraid okay? I know how to handle them."

"I'll be fine." She answered, now with irritation.

He winked and finally left.

Ira took a breath of relief and turned towards him. "Yes?"

"Are you Ms. Ira Kapoor?" He asked again.

"Yes."

"Why do you have your name as Katherine Kapoor here then?"

"That's just my work name. Any problem officer?"

"Not yet. Let's go to my office. I need to ask you some questions."

"But why? I haven't done anything."

"If you haven't then why are you afraid?" He smirked

"Look, officer. This is the place where I work. Don't you dare to insult me like this. I hope you know, with whom you are talking to." She glared him angrily.

"That's the exact reason why I'm here. Taking care of the image of your family I'm asking you very politely to come with me."

"I'm not going anywhere." She turned and started walking inside.

"Very well. Ms. Ira Kapoor you are under arrest. Ms. Fernandez, hand cuff her." He announced and Ira froze in her steps.

"No! What? Leave me alone! What is my crime?!" She struggled.

"You are a suspect of murder." He announced and they dragged her with them.

_______________________________________

A week ago.

"Hey baby.... Where are you going?" Veronica stepped in Samar's room.

"Leave me alone. Please." He kept on packing.

"You are leaving me." Tears pooled up in her eyes.

"No. Leave." He answered plainly without reacting towards her drama.