Chapter 37 Phew. This Goddess Work Is Hard

Start from the beginning

'Bavo. Send in the next ten please. These can all go back I have them marked for you.' I sit and wait patiently in the darkness for the next batch to be brought to me for interrogation, my style. I have been working with Bavo at night for the last two weeks while the rest of our teem is working the day shift. I haven't seen the sun in that long while my daughter hasn't seen the darkness in just as long. We switch at the end of the week which is in two days. I know she misses her other mother while I miss the sunshine, but we did this out of all fairness to each of our teams.

“I have them here for you My Goddess. I will take the others right away.” He bowed of all things. 'Bavo, cut it. Stop the bowing, your my brother still, we are family,' “I am sorry, My Goddess. It just doesn't seem right any more to call you by your old earth name or treat you like a common person when you are so much more to me, Your Holiness.” He bowed again, and left with the wolves that I was returning to the field. Free. 'I am so sorry, Bavo, that you feel that way toward me,' I sniffed sadly. This Goddess work is kind of hard on a persons self esteem. I went on doing my work I had hundreds more to check tonight before the switch. I would most likely stick around all day as well just to see my daughter, Diana; I miss her so much.

One thing I have been noticing in my down time is that the Earth herself has been talking to me; telling me where all the wolves are and belong just by looking at them. I can tell just by reading their minds if they are, or have been anywhere they are not supposed to be. Another thing that has been coming to me is associations; I can tell when they have associated with a demon at any time in the past; like the wolf in front of me at the present. He was at our compound at Ravenwood even though he never attacked; he was associated with the demons that did so he is dead by association, as were three others tonight and one other here I can feel in this very group. A female wolf, a blond one, small, ah.. a submissive... forced into submitting into going. Ah... nope she lives. I will send her to a new pack, and kill the rest of the pack off. Her and her son when I find him live; the rest including this one die a painfully slow death. Rape, and torture of the young don't cut it in my book. 'Bavo, I have a hold for a slow death for you, and a transfer also, please. Next ten when you have time.'

I sat back, and waited thought I never tired, frustration I got big time. “My Goddess, which one is the hold, and which one the transfer?” He asked. 'Hold this one here, lock him up with the rest. This little lady transfer her to Ravensden Pack with a request by me for two spots one for her, and a second for her son when we find him if you would? Thank you Bavo' “It is my pleasure, My Goddess.” Again with the bowing. Sigh. What can I do, but live with it. I close my eye with my head back listening to the Earths hum in my ears. She speaks to me loud and clear. Concentrating on the hum I get the picture of a little boy wolf about eight years of age covered in filth, huddled in a large house, no, the pack main house, hiding in a closet on the lowest floor—a dirt floor—in direct contact with mother earth myself. I am one with the Earth. I feel what the Earth feels. I feel the child. “BAVO!” My voice screams out something I have not heard in weeks not since the day of the last attack at Winterton-on-Sea. I hear foot steps running down to my area more than one set.

“What is it? My Goddess? Is something wrong down here? Are you OK? Safe?” Bavo huffed out winded from jogging down the flight of steps followed by a regiment of armed guards. 'I am fine. I have an emergence for you to handle for me, it is very delicate that I only trust to you. Have the guards bring these wolves back to the holding cells for now so we can talk, please.' “Guards these wolves to holding stat!” Bavo ordered. They rushed in, and took all ten into custody ushering them out of interrogation. 'You must hurry to the Elk Forrest Pack just outside of Emporium, Pa. They are holding am eight year old boy there in a closet on the lower floor of the pack house bring him to me. Make haste. He must be saved at all cost, kill anyone that gets in your way, but bring the boy to me safely take the team with you use, Diana as your fourth. Tell no one where you are going be quick.' I instructed. He bowed and left with my instructions. I waited for their return.