[ 0.13 ]

"Show me your broken heart and all your scars

"Show me your broken heart and all your scars. I'll take you as you are."

ALENA:
It was like she had been repeatedly hit, thrown against the wall, punched down to the ground where she became a puddle of flesh. Nothing could quite fit the description of how she felt upon opening her eyes.

The room was musty, it was dark too. Her eyes blinked over and over until the image became clearer. A breath. She needed one, maybe two. Her ribs ached, her lungs felt almost too stiff to function normally.

Was it a nightmare? Had a werewolf really appeared to her and her friends that night? Had he charged at her? Why did she call him 'Remus'? Why had she put the name of her beloved Remus on a monster that almost killed her? Had she not come to Hogwarts, she knew for a fact she would be dead by now. The blessing that was magic, she thought.

The doors opened and she saw a group of guys appear carrying one of their friends. She sighed softly. This was reality. She tilted her head wincing at the sore, aching pain slithering down her spine now, "Ow," she whispered shutting her eyes again. Perhaps it was best if she didn't move.

"There she is," she heard a voice so faint, but she could recognize it anywhere. Her lids opened to reveal Remus standing at the the door approaching her with a clear plastic bag in hand. Merlin, she probably looked like a battered mess, but he still managed to be the most beautiful boy in her life.

She smiled. She missed him. It was like she'd been away for months, had she? She remembered the last time she saw him, he was in pain, bothered. His skin was moist with sweat, his voice loud and hoarse. Remus set down the bag by her frail hand, "Hi," she smiled.

Remus bent over her and she shivered at the feel of his warm lips on her forehead, "I brought you some candy - chocolate frogs, all of them were for you." he chuckled a bit.

Alena nodded her head thankfully. She took the bag carefully and then she remembered. Her head tilted back up to scan his face. It was soft, flushed and his eyes were the most beautiful shade of brown - not green and yellow.

"What's wrong love?" Remus asked her.

"N-Nothing... " she disregarded it, "Thank you love, I am hungry. I feel like I have not eaten. I swear, I am so lucky to be here right now." she saw his face harden and she frowned.

'I'm okay, Remus. Nothing happened-"

"Everything could have gone wrong, Alena," he sighed before grabbing her hand and placing it to his warm lips, "I was so scared."

Alena felt her stomach flip. It was dancing inside of her. All of this affection couldn't feel better from anyone else. Remus Lupin had her wrapped around his finger and he knew it, "I'm sorry.. I should have stayed with you. I know I should have, but I was scared. Confused," she looked at him with eyes that begged for truth, "What happened?"