[ 0.2 ]

"... i didn't fall in love of course
it's never up to you
but she was walking back and forth
and i was passing through"

▲ △ ▼ ▽

R E M U S :

Today he would talk to Mabel. Today he would try to see himself as Remus Lupin and not as one of his friends. He knew his friends cared for him - someway, and he knew they were looking out for him. But, this time, Lily was right, he had to be himself. He couldn't be another Sirius, he was too sensitive. He couldn't be another James, he wasn't so funny.

But he could be the perfect Remus.

Oh Mabel, the things you did to his heart. You made him smile just a little wider, you made him stutter in his speech and you made him waltz around in his room. The seventeen year old was a complete love-mess for her and no one in the world could tell him otherwise. He was going to date Mabel Mogs, he was going to marry her, and he was going to live happily ever after with her. At least that's what he thought.

He had woken up with an extra pinch of energy. He did his hair for once, he brushed his teeth twice and sprayed on even more cologne than usual. If he was honest? He'd say he'd look like a million pounds. A model, pretty much. He ate at the Great Hall with everyone else and he hadn't even bothered to take a look and find Mabel. Instead he kept to himself and his friends.

As soon as breakfast was done, he had rushed to Potions class. Not even then did her bother to spot her - he knew she'd be there. Remus opened his book and worked through the many scribbles  until he found the correct page to follow for today's material. Remus loved Slughorn's class, he loved the way he could learn useless things and get graded for it. He loved just how close he could be to Mabel.

But somehow things had fallen out of his grip today. Mabel wasn't around. His friends had obviously heard the news way before Remus did and they had been battling all of class to decide which was going to tell Remus. Neither wanted to see the heartbreak in his eyes, or the possible fit of rage that could come out of nowhere for Remus. It was a very sensitive topic and at last, it was Sirius who lost the last task, therefore being picked to deliver the news to Remus.

Professor Slughorn announced that his students disperse and partner up to play with the potions textbooks - of course his kind of "toying around" did not include the whole sentiment of "fun", for they could not use any of the dangerous, difficult spells. Remus smiled to himself hearing the groans and complaining from his two friends, "Well, mates, I have a job to do," he announced standing up on his feet while he grabbed his materials.

James looked almost startled, "Wait, Moony, don't you wanna wait a bit-"

'"Wait? Sorry boys, I can't. Not anymo-"

"Oh, come on! Play hard to get" Sirius scoffed, "The whole school already knows you got it for Mobs. Why not play it cool for a bit?"

Remus watched his two friends with a confused expression, "Are you two alright?"

Sirius and James looked at each other, nodding before lookng up at Remus, "O-Of course!"

"Psh.."

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" James chuckled before his fist connected with Sirius' abdominal area.

"I don't know. You're being too nice to me today," he thought for another second, "Okay, well. See ya." he saluted to his two friends before walking to the table he knew Mabel would typically work at.