[ 0.12 ]

" don't give me pity

" don't give me pity. do not look at me with that look on your face as if i were the victim. i'm the monster, the murdered. cage me away - cage me away because i don't deserve to live!"

" WEREWOLF ATTACKS IN THE FORBIDDEN FOREST "

" Remus Lupin, " Dumbledore stood in front of me. His half moon glasses anchored on the bridge of his nose as his eyes hovered them, "I can't believe that we've had to come to sit and talk about this.""

I shook my head, "I needed someone to know," I admitted with a dry mouth. My anxiety was destroying me from the inside out, "Professor, I could have killed innocent people last night."

Professor Dumbledore was known for his righteous streak, and his kind heart. He was the only person who I could trust with my torment. Professor Dumbledore just looked at me. His blue eyes were filled with worry when an exhausted sigh came from between his lungs, "Remus, this is not your fault."

I frowned. But it was. I couldn't control myself, "I should have kept track of my potions - I should have never let myself think that there was enough when I was only fooling myself," I looked up at the man in front of me, "I've been so distracted lately."

Professor Dumbledore rose from his throne and took a few strides towards me. I couldn't even look at him, but somehow I knew that he wasn't judging me. Instead, Professor Dumbledore was reaching out to me, "Alena," I sniffed, "I almost killed her."

"Hmm," Professor Dumbledore hummed, "So this is not really about the fact that you phased without control, but perhaps you're upset that you hurt someone you love."

I nodded. For all I cared, I could have phased and killed myself. But it was Alena who had me eating away at my own brains, "She shouldn't have been there."

"Remus, you couldn't have stopped that-"

"She asked me to come with her, but I was in my beginning stages - ready to phase. I guess she needed a distraction from the freak that her boyfriend really is."

Professor Dumbledore's hand squeezed my shoulder, "Perhaps not. Perhaps she would have understood and stuck around - maybe helped you too."

I looked back at him, "How? She'd never look at me the same if I told her that I almost killed her. Or, that I turn into a werewolf every full-"

"You don't. You have control, and it's in that potion you take Remus. However this full moon it escaped you," Professor Dumbledore continued, "You're no freak, Remus. You are simply a boy dealing with another side of him that you don't even understand."

"It's hard, Professor," I sighed.

"I know it is, Remus. This is why I am doing everything I can to fix this situation for you. I don't want to have anyone running the streets seeking for your head. Instead I want to fix this, and perhaps do all I can to help Alena."

My head shot up. Help Alena? I blinked, "She's hurt. A broken arm, and a sprained neck. She's been put under a healing spell."

I stood up, "Will she be alright?"

Professor Dumbledore nodded, "Well, of course. Question here is," the older man in front of me spun around and reached within a box, "Will be you be alright, Remus?"

I swallowed eyeing his long, lean hands rummage through the contents, "I'll try-"

"Here you go," I froze when I saw an oddly shaped bottle being given to me, "What's this?"

Professor Dumbledore smile, "I have a few connections, Remus. I actually had a really good witch help me with a much stronger potion for you."

"Professor, I-"

"You'll take it, and run back to the hospital wing, Remus." Professor Dumbledore winked, "I want you to trust me, and move past this. This challenge has been crossed. Your next one however? Well, that one is up to you. Are you planning on perhaps telling Alena?"

I froze for a second and I looked down at the potion bottle. She had trusted me enough with her secret, I guess I could only hope for the same thing in return.

"I guess I should," I sighed.

"Good. Now, run along. She's currently asleep, so you'll probably catch her at a good time to speak. There's no one there," Dumbledore smiled.

Merlin, even I smiled, "I'd never underestimate your powers, Professor. Thanks," I nodded my head once and got up walking towards the door, "Thank you."

Dumbledore stopped, "You're welcome, Remus."

- I AM BACK GUYS! HERE'S A SMALL CHAPTER - I JUST NEEDED A FILLER CHAPTER NOW SO I CAN NOW GET TO THE OTHER BIG PARTS. This book is sadly coming to an end, thanks so much to all the votes, and comments! You guys are amazing, I love hearing from you and talking to you. xx