[ 0.3 ]

"The heart was made to be broken."

A L E N A:

It wasn't easy heading to dinner that night. She had heard about what happened to Mabel Mogs. An accident during practice obviously sounded painful, and gave enough reason for worry, she understood that. But somehow her selfish heart didn't allow her to understand Remus' worry over the blonde. It bothered her a great amount and it had destroyed her train of focus the rest of her school hours.

Divination had been a bore. She hated it, she was never a fan of all "that jazz". If anything she could drop the class, but it was the only one where she didn't see Remus. Maybe she was selfish, conceited and needy for attention. Or maybe she was reacting like a girl who felt like she was easily put to second place by someone better - that had been her whole life.

When she wanted to be picked for the Quidditch team, Andrea Bullsey was picked instead, why? Alena had tripped and rolled on her ankle, she wasn't even considered for a substitute. At home? She had a boyfriend who had completely turned to her when his girlfriend left him. She was always taken for granted and Remus? Remus was hope. He was different. He felt that way, she saw it in him. He was surrounded by two guys who could have any girl they wanted, Remus could too, but he didn't choose to be that way. He was different.

But obviously she wasn't. She chewed on her cheek as Hardy rambled on about the Slytherin boy whom she was seeing after dinner. Good for Hardy, she had broken up with a guy in seventh year last year and it had her devastated, now it looked like she was back on the game and hopefully this Slytherin guy wasn't a complete twat.

"So, what's got you so quiet?" Hardy asked guiding her to where Mel and Kristina were sitting.

Alena shrugged a shoulder choosing to avoid the question, "Nothing, just been really tired," Alena greeted both Mel and Kristina.

"Remus popped by, he asked about you," Kristina said pointing with her fork over Alena's shoulder. Just the word 'Remus' made her hairs stand on end. Nonchalantly Alena gave her friend a shrug.

"Okay, something's honestly wrong here. What in Merlin's name happened, Lennie?" Hardy sighed turning to face her friend, "Was it because I left you in Potions? I have apologized a thousand times - then again, I figured it wouldn't have bothered you so much since you were with-" and then it somehow clicked inside Hardy's head, "Is it Remus?" she whispered.

"He did come here with a frown on his face," Mel scrunched her nose, "He wasn't at the Hospital Wing to see Mabel at all. No one saw him, and everyone was expecting to see the couple profess their love for each other at her bed side," Mel continued making everyone around the Ravenclaw table snort a few laughs.

Alena's eyes lifted to look at her roommate confusion washed over her, "What? But he-"

"Nope, nada. He wasn't there," Kristina said.

Alena didn't really understand what was going on. All she knew was that Remus Lupin was crazy over Mabel Mobs and he was nothing but her lovesick puppy, "Wow. And, uhm, he came over here?"

"Asking for you too," Mel smirked.

"Oh," Alena glanced at her smirking best friend before glancing down towards the Gryffindor table, "I guess I should go and talk to him?"

Hardy rolled her eyes, "You guess? It's more like you should. I don't know what's gotten into you today. You would have been on a race track to go and speak to him. Go, bugger off. Go and talk to him. Poor guy probably feels like he's done something wrong. Wait," Hardy stopped her, "Did he?"