The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(10)

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" He demanded breathlessly. I just stared at him, wondering how got from the door to here that fast. He must really love his collection. (A.N.- once again, NOT A VAMPIRE! For one, I wouldn't ruin this story by that AND two- I'm not gay and neither is Chase. X) 

Still staring wide eyed at him, I answered. "I. Ugh. I wanted to see the comic books your had. I wasn't going to hurt them..." 

"Oh sorry. It's just these are collectors items, their worth a lot of money." he emphasized the 'a lot' part, and I just rolled my eyes. 

"I figured, you know with the plastic wrap around them."  

"It's just, these mean a lot to me too. Not just money wise. If I let you look at these, you can't take them out of the plastic. You can't touch the paper." I was staring at Chase like he was insane. 

"Seriously?" I asked, and he just looked at me. 

"Promise. It will devalue them."  

I chuckled a little, and Chase stepped aside carefully. I scooped up a couple and went and sat on his bed. Chase joined me, watching me carefully, like suddenly I would rip them out and lick them. Every page. 

I was looking at a Spiderman comic. It even looked old, not like today where you can tell everything was done up by computer. Spiderman was leaping from a tower off a ship, and attacking Sub-Mariner.  

"This came out before even my Dad was born." Chase said slowly, trying not to sound like a loser. Too late.  

"How much would something like this go for?" I asked curiously. 

"I don't know." Chase said quickly. "I've never looked, it's never been for sale. My grandfather gave that one to me, it started my collection." He told me, a slight smile on his face. I couldn't tell if it was from the memory of his grandfather or, if I haven't killed him yet. I bet its from the first one though. 

"I bet it's big bucks." I smiled, and carefully placed it on the bed beside me and looked at The Incredible Hulk.  

"I have all the first edition Marvel Comics. The rest are stupid." Chase insisted. 

"Do you have the whole like.. Season?" I asked, not sure if that was what they were called. 

Chase laughed. "Whole Series? Yes. But I don't keep them in my room, because my little cousins come over and just LOVE my room. I have a room in the basement for all this stuff." Chase explained. "I only keep them up here, because come on that's sweet. I don't know anyone else in the state of Florida who has the first comic book EVER of The X Men.  

I smiled. "Do you hold that title proudly?" I asked, trying to forget the feeling in the pit on my stomach. 

"I hold that title proudly... but the making my next door neighbor hate me in less then 24 hours- not so much." Chase looked at me sadly.  

I shook my head, hoping I wouldn't hear any more.  

"Sylvia, I'm sorry for what happened. I would really like it if you listened to my explanation, because I swear it isn't what you think." How could I refuse the look he was giving me, it was the puppy dog pout at it's finest. 

"She's your girlfriend, and you kissed me. I don't know how you can right this Chase." I said, willing myself not to forgive him just because of his eyes. 

"I can't right the fact I kissed you, but I can make this better by breaking up with her." 

"How in the world would that solve ANYTHING?!" I demanded. Chase looked flustered.