The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(8)

"Hi." I smiled. "I'm-." 

"Sylvia! I've heard a lot about you. I'm Madeline."  

We chatted for about fifteen minutes, till Chase came out with a pained expression, immediately I felt worried.  

"Hey Chase.. Everything cool?" I asked without thinking, but without warning Chase came behind Madeline and wrapped his arms around her waist- making her smile bigger but my eyes just widened.  

"Oh- look Chase. You scared her! She probably doesn't know." Madeline smiled happily. "I'm Chase's girlfriend."

I could feel the blank expression on my face, and the sheer surprise. I wasn't completely crushed, like I would go home and bawl my eyes out- only for the sheer reason I didn't even know my neighbor. This couldn't surprise me, because I didn't know him. I just looked at him briefly though, at his cloudy expression and nodded. 

"Phew. I was afraid he was just randomly hitting on you- which is never okay." I said hardly, before turning to go talk to more people that I barely knew. 

Suddenly, I didn't feel welcome here. Not from the looks because I wasn;t getting any that were bad. Ryan was staring at me, probably pleading with his eyes for my to take my tank top off. Woudln;t he be disappointed when I took it off to reveal basically a one piece. I sat down on one of the lawn chairs next to Jamie, and reached into my tote bag- pretending I had a text message. 

I texted my best friend randomly, 'Hey- call me. Please go along with everything I say. Ill explain later.' 

I knew Hailey would go along with anything, she was my best friend and she would probably be giddy that I texted her. I told her it might be a couple days because i wasn't sure if the phone would work or whatever. Honestly I just didnt want her to hear me cry if I was going to. 

Seconds after I put my phone down it started playing "hey soul sister" by Train and I jumped to answer it.  

"Hello?" I asked, all eyes on me. Hailey on the other side whispered 'What do you want me to do." I widened my eyes more for show. "H-Hailey. Don't cry." I lied, and everyone looked worried around me. "Please stop crying. Do you want me to go to my house? Yeah I'm away from it right now. Want to talk to my Mom? She does make everything better." I nodded more for show again. Waving my hands for them to continue doing whatever even though they didn't.  

On the other line Hailey was filling my ear with questions. "Whats with this tone? Who are you with? Ooooo- you as SO explaining when you get away."  

Before anyone could ask questions I jumped from the seat. "Don't saying that. I'll talk to my parents about it... He hasn't gotten paid yet. It's not even built." It was so easy making a conversation. I started walking to the gate and mouthed good bye to everyone before running across the street.  

When I made it to the door I sighed in relief. 

"Do you know how much I love you?" I asked, and Hailey sighed, hearing that all the time. 

"it's so good to hear your voice babe. I miss you so much. Everyone misses you so much." Hailey insisted, sounding really excited to hear me. 

"I've missed you too, and you have no idea how hard you just saved me, and Chase- if I was there another minute I probably would have slit his throat. Or worse, drowned him in his pool. SOMETHING!" I ranted, storming up the stairs in spite of my parents looks. 

"Chase? Who's Chase?!" Hailey said, I could practically see her sitting up straighter in happiness. Thinking 'FINALLY SHE HAS A LOVE INTEREST!' considering this really was a first. 

"The stupid boy next door.-" and that started the whole story of the welcome wagon, and the oreo's to kissing me last night even though he totally has a girlfriend, to calling her. 

"Do you want me to find a way to Florida and kick his ass because i will totally do that even if I have to walk. Should I get my Pumas on?" She asked, in all seriousness. 

"No. I don't think assault would help my situation." I said glumly.  

"I just cant believe someone you don't really know would do that to you. But then again I cant believe you didn't freak out and slap him. Regardless to how long you have known this boy- you like him. Hah! Now you can't use time as an excuse." 

"How do you figure I like him?" I demanded, afraid that she might be right. 

"...YOU LET HIM KISS YOU! Remember when Mike tried doing that at a part one time, and you ate his soul? I remember this, and you knew him since like pre-k."  

"Yes... BUT- Mike is also a scum bag who got with that nasty Heather from Laconia. Letting him kiss me would ruin my reputation."  

"Your reputation as a girl who wouldn't let a boy kiss her unless.. SHE REALLY LIKED HIM! Oh! Win! Admit it!"  

I sighed loudly. "Okay, that was a good point but I think im going to go. I have a lot of things to think about."  

"Alright- but get online sometime sooner than next year okay?" 

I laughed. "Yeah, sounds good." 

For the rest of the day, I avoided my parents because they wanted answers to why I came home so early and that was something that I wanted to avoiding thinking, and talking about. At least the house was big enough to do so. 

I spent most of the time in my room, fiddling with things like where to place my bed and stuff. I was one of those people that needed to move furniture constantly because if I didn't I couldn't sleep. 

When it was a reasonable hour to go to bed my Mom came in and said an unsettled goodnight before going to her room with my Dad. I changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed.  

Was it weird of me to just tonight notice the smoke alarm on my ceiling that shone out the most brightest annoyingest color green through out my room. It made me want to shoot babies.  

Suddenly there was taps at my window, and I got out of bed slowly knowing exactly who was throwing rocks at my window. I opened it harshly, to see Chase, with a flashlight, my bag of things I broght to his house from this morning and a Shaws bag. 

"what are you doing here Chase?" I said rudely, looking down to him like a weird dot on my lawn, but I could see his sad expression. 

"I'm here to give you you're things that you left at my house when you faked a conversation to get away from me, to explain what happened, and to give you a package of Oreo's." 

I stood there in silence. "What kind of Oreo's?" What?! I didn't eat dinner, and they sounded delicious at the moment. 

"...Regular?" 

I rolled my eyes. "You call that kissing up? Kissing up is mint ice cream with mint Oreo's to dip in it... at the least. What you did? I don't think anything could get you out of the ditch you dug yourself." 

"Sylvia... I'm SO sorry. I can explain. But I would prefer to say it face to face..." 

"Hah!" I snorted. "No." 

"Please Sylvia... It isn't what you think. Maddi.." 

"Maddi isn't your girlfriend that you cheated on with me?" 

"Well..." 

"That's what I though. Leave my stuff, and the Oreo's on the porch but take your explanation and shove it!" I slammed the window.. Not thinking about my parents who were only rooms away.

Hello Amazing People- tell me what you think. 

Maybe I'll get the same amounts of comments i get on this that i get on Addie and Bane XD