The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos. (41)

Hello, I have a few things to address.

One- I understand I was bitter in the last post but in no way did I tell anyone I was leaving. I'm not leaving Wattpad because majority of people can not give feedback, what would I do in my spare time? Clearing that up, I am not leaving so you can stop begging in the comments for me to stay even though I like it because it makes me feel loved.

Two- This whole 'meet my goal, and i post the next day.' Over, because school starts tomorrow and I am not willing to give myself MORE homework by promising a post if the goal is ever met when it hasn't been the past.. however many times it doesn't matter really. 

so please comment and vote, cuz you guys are doing better than usual, and i will have another post out this weekend for you.  

“Lets have a better game!” Coach yelled, patting me on the shoulder comfortingly as we ran out into the field to greet the other team. It was our second game of the season, and the stakes were high. This school didn't want to verse us after our last one, where majority of the guys have really good right hooks but they didn't complain about playing against them for fighting... they were complaining about me.

The coach, right when we showed up in our four plus cars was greeting our coach and guiding him away so they could discuss something privately. Come to find out, the boys on the other team didn't feel comfortable playing against me, because of my gender. The coach visibly laughed in the mans face, claiming there was nothing in the rule book that stated that all the players had to be a boy, and with the cut of the girls soccer team, I had made it.

It wasn't the fact I was a girl though, and everyone knew it. It was because I was a girl, and I was good, but after the practice Monday and Tuesday the guys on my team were starting to doubt my skill. It was really hard playing with a head as full as mine, and the fear that ever single person on your team would pay to see you fall on your face... but Chase had smoothed that over for me thankfully. He explained to the guys that I was having an off week, and suddenly all the guys were acting like I didn't walk the field with their faces. I was thankful though, I just wished I could get back in my rhythm because the scout was here today to view me.

I was trying to get my head in the game in the locker room the school provided for us, trying to wrap my head around the fact this guy is here to watch me play soccer... and that this guy for the most part dictates what m future holds in store for me. I hadn't talked to my Father since that night, and just thinking of that was a hot knife through my chest, but the point was I didn't know how willing he was to contribute to my college now that he wasn't even welcome in the house he payed for in full.

Sitting on the bench with some of the other guys, breathing deeply, thinking everything through before I went out there and quite possibly made a fool of myself. I looked over at some of the guys, “Hey.” I breathed, even through the short time I had known these guys, they could tell I was uncomfortable, thinking of painful things and close to tears. They all could tell, and being the guys they were wanted to run from me but instead they smiled. “I don't think these guys are going to be too happy playing with me... whatever they do, whatever hand contact they make with me, don't jump in please.”

It was a hard thing to agree to, but they solemnly did.

Before leaving the locker room, Chase and Ryan had run in with bright eyes. “Guys! You aren't going to believe whose sitting on our bleachers!” Chase insisted excitedly.

“Ryan Mosey!” Ryan ruined the surprise and my heart fell. Everyone jumped up around me, ready to run out and school the other team but I just sat there.

“Oh Sylvia, Ryan is a scout and coach for the biggest soccer college on the east coast,” Chase explained, and all I could think was 'so...I've heard.' “And he has to be here looking at one of us.”

“It's probably you man, you're good.” Ricky said, but the way he stuttered at his last comment about Chase being good sounded like he was going to say 'the best..' but had corrected himself. They really weren't helping the whole my heart feels like it's ten pounds, is resting in my empty stomach... I think I'm going to cry, throw up and faint simultaneously.