-Blooming Iris Chapter 13-

Iris' POV~

Heading down the street, I kept thinking that someone was following me. Every time I would turn around, I would see this car parked at least thirty or so feet away from me. I think the car was a Ford or something and it had a shiny coat of light blue. There was a person sitting in the front, but because they were kind of far away, I couldn't really make out the guy's face... but whoever this person was, I'm pretty sure the man was following me.

Bringing my box of things closer to me, not wanting it to fall out of my hand, I started sprinting down the street, trying to get away from the blue Ford. I made it to the end of the street before I heard the sounds of the car's tires driving down the street.

Quickly thinking of a way to lose this person, I saw the perfect escape route. At the very end of the street, there was a small gate that I could probably climb over. If I can make it through, the car wouldn't be able to follow me anymore and I'm pretty sure it's locked... so, he wouldn't be able to drive his car through. By the time he circles around the neighbor to get past the gate, I would be already be long gone, and headed down town, where I used to stay before I met Richard.

Taking a quick look behind me, I saw that said car was still following me. Looking straight ahead, I saw the gate coming. Heading straight towards the gate, I stopped. Throwing my box of stuff over the small gate, I grabbed onto the top of the gate. Putting my foot on the small holes, I started climbing. Once I was finally high enough, I swung my legs over the gate landing on the other side. Bending down, I picked up my box. When I was standing straight again, I saw the car parked on the other side of the gate. From what I could make out, the guy... I think he had curly brown hair, but I'm not too sure. It looked like he was talking to someone on the phone, probably telling the other person he lost me or something. Whatever, serves them right!

Smiling, I headed towards town once again. Whoever that guy was, he can't follow me now.

Richard's POV~

"Hello?" I asked, putting my phone on speaker.

"I found Iris, Sir," Adam-my driver said.

"Good, don't lose her now," I told him, before pressing the end button on my phone.

I really hope that Adam does his job right and follows Iris. I just hope that Iris doesn't realize a car is following her or something. That would not be good, knowing Iris, she would probably run and that's the last thing I need right now.

A good two minutes later, my phone rang again.

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"I lost her sir," Adam said, sounding worried.

"What?" I exclaimed. "How? You just had her a few minutes ago!"

"I know but, I guess she realized I was following her. So she started running, and then she climbed this gate and escaped."

"Are you kidding me?" I asked shocked. Iris climbed a gate? Breathing in a large gulp of air, I was about to reply back, when I saw a flash of blonde in my rear-view mirror.

"Listen, I'll call you back," I told him, ending the call before I heard his response.

Turning left, I parked the car. Turning my keys, I pulled them out, shutting down the car. Looking straight ahead, I saw Iris walking down the street carrying a box with her. I knew that blonde hair belonged to her!

Opening up my car door, I stepped out, heading right for her. I was about half way there, when I stopped. Would Iris want to see me now? Would she even listen to me if I asked her to please come back with me? Probably not... I thought, coming to a conclusion.

I was about to head back towards my car, when I thought of an idea. If I can't talk to her, maybe I could do something else for her...

Iris' POV~

After a few minutes of walking I was finally back in town. Walking down the street, I was thankful no one gave me any weird stares like they used to do to me. Wondering what time it was I opened the box I was carrying, grabbing my brother's watch. Looking at the time, it read; one o'clock. Great, maybe I should of listened to Sara, and ate something before I left. My stomach was growling to be feed.

Shaking the thought of food out of my head, I put the watch back inside the box, and started walking again. I didn't get very far, before my stomach started making noises again. Breathing in some fresh air, I rubbed my stomach hoping it would stop. I guess I gotten used to getting at least two meals everyday, maybe that's why my stomach is screaming at me for some food.

Pushing the thought of Richard's delicious home cooked meals out of my mind, I headed down the street, until some middle-age women stopped me.

"Hello miss. Would you like to try our free sample of this turkey and cheese sandwich?" she asked kindly, giving me a warm smile, reminding me somewhat of my mom. "We're having a special today, and we would love to get your opinion on our new sandwich," she said, showing me a full sandwich looking so delicious, that I had to say yes.

Nodding my head at her, I took the sandwich she gave me. Taking a bite out of it, the flavors of turkey and cheese hit me, making my taste buds explode wanting for more.

"You like?" she asked, watching me with delight.

Nodding my head up and down, I gave her a big smile, pointing two thumbs up.

"I'm glad you like it sweetheart. Have a nice day now!" she exclaimed, waving good-bye heading inside the sandwich shop. I guess I caught a break. What nice people, I thought, skipping happily down the street.

I stopped at the end of the block, looking both ways to make sure there weren't anymore cars, before I crossed the street.

"Miss!" some guy in his forties exclaimed grabbing my hand.

Seeing my probably confused and fearful expression, he gave me a kind smile like the women did before.

"I'm sorry to have scared you like that, but I was wondering would you care for a drink? Today we're doing a special and the hundredth person that walks by our store, gets to have a free drink of their choosing."

I stared at the man in shock... I mean this was the second person that had given me something free. Either there's something going on, or luck is on my side today.

Smiling at him, I nodded my head, accepting it.

"Do you want to choose your own drink, or you don't really care?"

I shrugged my shoulders, hoping he knows what I'm trying to say.

"I guess that means you don't care?" he asked, chuckling slightly, kind of reminding me of Richard. Richard... I wonder what's he doing now? "Alright then, how about a Sundae Splash? It's our most popular drink, and I bet you would like it."

That does sounds good, I thought. Smiling up at him, I nodded my head.

"Alright then, wait here. I'll be right back," he replied, heading inside.

I waited by the store, for at least five minutes, before he came out with a drink in hand. "Here you go miss, I hope you enjoy it," he said, giving me my drink with a warm smile on his face. 

Smiling back at him, I took a slip of my drink. Oh My God, this is by far the best drink I ever had in my life! It has all the favors I love in a drink. Orange, strawberry, mix with vanilla ice cream. Yummy!

"I guess the expression on your face means that you liked it?" Bobbing my head up and down, I told him YES!

Chuckling, he patted my head, telling me he's glad to help, before he disappeared inside his shop again.

I was about to start walking again when I saw a flash of blue eyes and a mess of brown hair, hiding behind a car. ...Richard?