-Blooming Iris Chapter 17-

Richard's POV~

"How do you like the food so far?" I asked Iris.

Looking up from her food, she chewed and swallowed before she answered me, "It's amazing! Who knew something that's called a Spider Roll can taste so good!"

Containing my laughter, I took a quick sip of water. "Well, I'm glad you're enjoying it."

"Well I'm glad you decided to go to this restaurant for lunch. The food is delicious!" she exclaimed, eating another spider roll.

Nodding at her, I checked my watch. It was a little bit pass three. "Seeing as you're almost done with your food, I'll get the check," I told her, getting up.

"Sure I'll - Wait!" she yelled, grabbing my hand, the look of panic flashing through her eyes. "I mean, um... lets... um order some more food! Yeah, yeah, that's right, I'm...um still very hungry," she said all in a rush.

Okay, there's something weird going on here. I know Iris can eat a lot when she wants to, but she has already eaten three plates full of Spider Rolls, and she's still hungry? There's definitely something going on, but the question is what?

Looking down at her, something clicked. I didn't really think much of it this morning, but her outfit...Iris would never wear leggings or that coat, she would always wear jeans, a t-shirt, and a jacket. So why pick now to wear that? "Iris, why are you wearing leggings?"

"W-what do mean?" she asked nervously, looking anywhere else but me.

"You always wear jeans, why are you wearing leggings today?" I asked again, taking a step forward.

She took a step back. "Um no reason, thought I'll wear something new today."

"Are you sure about that Iris?" I asked, taking another step forward.

"Y-yes."

"Iris," I breathed, taking another step forward, cornering her to the wall. I placed both my hands on either side of her face, trapping her there. "Look at me," I whispered.

When she didn't, I grabbed her chin gently, lifting it up, our blue eyes meeting. "Iris, tell me the truth. What's going on here?"

"What do you mean?" she asked in a rush, that I almost couldn't understand her.

"You know what. Why are you wearing that outfit? Why is it that you don't want to go home with me?"

"It's nothing!" she answered quickly, avoiding eye contact once again. She's lying... but why?

"If you say so," I told her, letting her go. "Come on lets order some more spider rolls." If Iris won't tell me the truth, I just have to play along with her until she does. Sooner or later, I will find out what's going on here.

Iris' POV~

Sighing in relief, I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding. That was too close! I thought the surprise was over, and that I ruined everything, but thank god that he didn't find out. Nodding I headed back over to our table, while Richard order another plate of Spider Rolls. To tell you the truth, I'm getting sick of these things. Sure it was yummy and delicious the first couple of rolls but after the third plate, I just got tired of eating them. Maybe I should of told Richard I wanted something else, but I guess it's too late since he already order them.

A few minutes later, the waiter brought us another plate of Spider Rolls. I stared at them, not wanting to eat anymore since I was pretty full, but I had to. If I don't Richard would go home, and then the surprise would be ruin.