Chapter 53

Lexa

I told the natblidas to be good for Thrandr before I left. Octavia and Lincoln insisted on coming, but I persuaded them to stay behind. The natblidas tolerated them much more than Thrandr.

Indra came with me. Luna was still being supervised, but her door no longer had to constantly be locked. As far as I could tell, Luna was no longer involved with the young Fleim Kepa.

Titus was released as well. I spoke to Lincoln and instructed him that he would be in charge of overseeing Titus and Luna, because I couldn't trust Thrandr anymore to keep his hands off my sister. The Ambassadors would also be keeping an eye on things, but I didn't trust them nearly as much.

After everything had been seen to, I left. A party of twenty of my most skilled warriors accompanied me along with Indra.

"Flokru is first, Heda. How will you address the matter of Luna's imprisonment?" Indra asked me as we were traveling. The forest was quiet today, with nothing but the sound of leaves rustling in the wind ringing in our ears.

"I will be honest." I murmured. "Luna is currently staying as my guest."

"Now she is. But what about before?"

"Before....she carried out an attack on the Heda. A crime punishable by death. Flokru should thank me." I said proudly.

Indra stayed silent.

"Are you going to advise me on anything else I might have to speak about?" I questioned.

Indra sighed. "There is the matter of the City of Light. Word spread through Trikru. They're concerned about your safety and theirs."

"There is no longer anything to worry about. Heda and Wanheda have taken care of it."

"And Wanheda? Is it appropriate that she is an ambassador given your relationship?"

I glared at her, but I wouldn't deny what she said. "Clarke is sending a substitute for herself until she can rejoin us."

"And then she will rejoin us. Will there be an issue then?"

I hesitated. Other ambassadors and generals had shown some anger when Clarke was appointed Ambassador and even after our relationship was no longer private.

"I suppose." I admitted. "But who would take her place?"

"Octavia. She is knowledgeable in Skaikru and Trikru traditions."

"Octavia is not a leader." I said. "She doesn't have very much authority even with her own people." Indra averted her eyes. "But that was a good idea."

"Bellamy?"

"Bellamy belongs in Arkadia."

"You thought that about Raven."

"Raven was like Octavia. She didn't have anything left for her in Arkadia But Bellamy....apart from Kane and Abby, he is their leader, especially with the remaining hundred."

Indra remained quiet.

"I do not mean to reject all your ideas. Clarke's place is just hard to fill." I murmured. "Especially because I know she won't be happy."